2nd Shift Supervisor (2:00pm-10pm)
We're Not Just in the Packaging Business–We're in the "Wow" Business
Pregis is Hiring!
Why Join Pregis North America?
It’s an exciting time to work for Pregis! We are constantly innovating and continue to serve the needs and be a strong partner to our customers. We empower our employees to operate in a socialized environment and welcome diversity of thought. Pregis LLC (www.pregis.com) is a leading manufacturer, marketer and supplier of innovative protective packaging products and solutions to a variety of industries. Pregis’ Private Equity partner is Warburg Pincus, together focused on investment in growth. The Company’s broad product offerings provide protection to meet customer needs in three segments: inside the box, surface protection and mailing and bagging solutions.
We are focused on growth; the company has grown in the last 5 years by “Wowing” its customers. Pregis has experienced significant growth organically and through acquisition, expanding our capabilities to meet customer needs and enhancing our ability to deliver value in a rapidly changing environment.
Privately PE owned, with nearly 2,300 employees in 24+ North American facilities and additional manufacturing operations across Europe. Our reach continues to increase with the growing global demand for a strong protective packaging partner, working through a strong network of distributors, fabricators and converting partners with support teams ready to provide industry leading service.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Shift Supervisor operates and or supervises the operation of TMS equipment as required by schedule needs. Oversees hourly and temporary employees to ensure the production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, while meeting company standards for quality, performance, customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with TMS’s policies and procedures.
The Shift Supervisor has thetechnical ability to operate and or manage others who operate, all types of TMS printing equipment within the Pressroom at a minimum of 100 percent of standards for waste, quality, and productivity. Can set up and operate all special functions and capabilities and can train other employees when required to do so. Analyzes issues, determines, and implements solutions. Provide innovative and creative solutions for opportunities and or improvements. Understands and adheres to all Standard Operating Procedures.
2nd Shift: 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Consistently demonstrates leadership qualities. Directs crews in the efficient operation of the company’s machines.
- Regularly reviews employee’s performance and offers critical feedback for improvement.
- Manages employee payroll systems for their shift
- Monitors and manages employee’s attendance according to TMS attendance policy
- Works with operators who requires assistance during their production shift. Can accurately, quickly, and effectively help the operator solve issues and maintain machine operation at required outputs.
- Reads and understand all information on job instructions. Ensures that all necessary components to produce the job are present.
- Can work as a line operator if required by TMS production Schedules.
- Fully understands how to operate press and can effectively set up and operate all inline equipment as well as use machine interface.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to balance tensions for smooth and consistent machine operations. Can trouble shoot same as well as offer training to operators as required.
- Helps operators achieve acceptable product within specified M/R standards
- Performs necessary functions to keep overall pressroom functioning efficiently. Establishes and promotes an environment for learning and process improvement.
- Consistently looks for improvements and efficiencies to reduce waste and increase production within set quality standards.
Requires four years of high school and 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible manufacturing related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
Our Growth Culture
We thrive in an open transparent environment where we constantly challenge our team members to share their diversity of thought by incorporating round table discussions, regular 1.1’s and maintaining a collaborative environment.
Pregis Core Values
Integrity-The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. Here at Pregis, we value our people and expect the highest quality from each.
Collaboration-Combination action of a group of people, especially when effective and efficient. Pregis strives to hire people that want to win as a team. We look for these qualities when interviewing and value the people that want to strive for the greater good!
Customer Focus- We recognize that having a strong customer focus means having a strong contribution of overall success. We are about putting our customers and their satisfaction first! When recruiting for the right fit, we strive to find this quality in our candidates as a priority for both internal and external customer basis.
Innovation- Here at Pregis, we are always innovating and keeping up with the newest technology to stay proactive within the market.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe in diversity of thought and bringing together other traits and characteristics that make an individual bring a unique experience to Pregis. We strive to foster an inclusive environment where behaviors and social norms ensure people are welcome.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement/Inclusion
We offer equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We support inclusion and believe in welcoming a collective sum of individual differences, thoughts, traits, and characteristics to represent Pregis’ culture and achievements.
Visit us at www.pregis.com for more information about Pregis LLC
- Job Family General
- Job Function General
- Pay Type Salary
- Arlington, TX, USA