Material Handler - 2nd Shift
We're Not Just in the Packaging Business–We're in the "Wow" Business
Pregis is Hiring!
Why Join Pregis North America?
It’s an exciting time to work for Pregis! We are constantly innovating and continue to serve the needs and be a strong partner to our customers. We empower our employees to operate in a socialized environment and welcome diversity of thought. Pregis LLC (www.pregis.com) is a leading manufacturer, marketer and supplier of innovative protective packaging products and solutions to a variety of industries. Pregis’ Private Equity partner is Warburg Pincus, together focused on investment in growth. The Company’s broad product offerings provide protection to meet customer needs in three segments: inside the box, surface protection and mailing and bagging solutions.
We are focused on growth; the company has grown in the last 5 years by “Wowing” its customers. Pregis has experienced significant growth organically and through acquisition, expanding our capabilities to meet customer needs and enhancing our ability to deliver value in a rapidly changing environment.
Privately PE owned, with nearly 2,300 employees in 24+ North American facilities and additional manufacturing operations across Europe. Our reach continues to increase with the growing global demand for a strong protective packaging partner, working through a strong network of distributors, fabricators and converting partners with support teams ready to provide industry leading service.
Pregis is seeking experienced Material Handlers/Forklift Operators to join our team at our new facility in Arlington, TX!
The Material Handler maintains distribution of materials between the production floor and inventory; loading and unloading; delivering production materials and supplies to production floor; staging finished product in designated inventory location; general housekeeping.
- Safely drive a forklift to stage material, load trucks, unloading trucks and transfer material within the plant and within departments as needed.
- Keeps Safety at the forefront of team’s thinking and approach to work.
- Communicates and ensures all safety procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Skills/Qualifications: Organization, Dealing with Complexity, Time Management, Process Improvement, Safety Management, Forklift Operation, Inventory Control, Lifting.
- Assists to maintain a safe, well organized, FIFO (first in, first out) controlled warehouse per Pregis Best Practice.
- Maintains inventory by identifying and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory.
- Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling and securing product in correct location.
- Be a reliable member of the team, always identifying and professionally communicating ways to improve the work environment.
- 1+ years of sit-down forklift experience
- 1+ years of inventory control experience
- Experience with Inventory Control/Warehouse Management software (ex. SAP) is a plus!
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Our Growth Culture
We thrive in an open transparent environment where we constantly challenge our team members to share their diversity of thought by incorporating round table discussions, regular 1.1’s and maintaining a collaborative environment.
Pregis Core Values
Integrity-The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. Here at Pregis, we value our people and expect the highest quality from each.
Collaboration-Combination action of a group of people, especially when effective and efficient. Pregis strives to hire people that want to win as a team. We look for these qualities when interviewing and value the people that want to strive for the greater good!
Customer Focus- We recognize that having a strong customer focus means having a strong contribution of overall success. We are about putting our customers and their satisfaction first! When recruiting for the right fit, we strive to find this quality in our candidates as a priority for both internal and external customer basis.
Innovation- Here at Pregis, we are always innovating and keeping up with the newest technology to stay proactive within the market.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe in diversity of thought and bringing together other traits and characteristics that make an individual bring a unique experience to Pregis. We strive to foster an inclusive environment where behaviors and social norms ensure people are welcome.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement/Inclusion
We offer equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We support inclusion and believe in welcoming a collective sum of individual differences, thoughts, traits, and characteristics to represent Pregis’ culture and achievements.
Visit us at www.pregis.com for more information about Pregis LLC
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Plant Management
- Pay Type Hourly
- Arlington, TX, USA