The Senior Psychometrician serves as key resource for providing sound and cost-effective psychometric services to client and Prometric-owned testing programs by overseeing selection and/or development of appropriate psychometric solutions, guiding continued professional development of department staff, guiding development and/or implementation of refined psychometric tools and processes, and increasing visibility of Prometric's test development services through effective communications within client and testing industry communities.
Prometric (www.prometric.com) is a trusted test development and delivery provider to more than 300 organizations worldwide. Prometric serves as an industry gatekeeper, ensuring that people legitimately earn the credentials they seek to achieve, and thereby guaranteeing a fair testing experience for all who come through our doors.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee (sometimes also perform) statistical analyses required for scoring and interpretation of complex programs.
- Work at a high level of skill, both independently and as part of a team, in all phases of statistical analysis.
- Regularly provide oversight, guidance and training to less experienced psychometricians and statisticians.
- Identify program and measurement-related problems and opportunities and their psychometric implications and work to resolve problems and pursue opportunities.
- Initiate discussions on the potential effects of changes in programs with appropriate staff; work to develop and implement long-range goals and plans for programs.
- Assume primary responsibilities for designing, developing, and documenting technical and operating procedures and statistical guidelines for Prometric and client programs.
- Prepare statistical reports for client programs.
- Accountable for complex equating decisions.
- May oversee design, programming, documentation, and implementation for small- to medium-sized special purpose statistical and reporting systems.
- Develop and review score interpretation materials and relevant portions of testing program publications.
- Respond to requests for data and data interpretation from Prometric SMT, other functional units and clients.
- Direct assigned projects, to include planning, monitoring expenses, delegating work, monitoring and reviewing work delegated, and coordination of work schedules and progress toward goals.
- Consult with professional colleagues on legal concerns and public relations on issues related to psychometrics, statistics and testing programs.
- Contribute to research, development, and implementation of new testing modes, item types, psychometric methods and technology.
- Conduct and report on complex research on behalf of client and Prometric-owned programs.
- Conduct seminars on psychometric issues for staff and clients.
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate; serve as an expert resource for the Department on matters of psychometrics and statistical analysis.
- Suggest process, product and service improvements; areas for cost reduction; and ways to meet business goals.
- Make professional contributions through articles, speeches, seminars, and participation in professional organizations.
- Proactively work toward shorter cycle time, reduced costs, greater customer satisfaction and quality maintenance.
- Participate in interviewing, selecting, and training psychometric and statistical staff.
- A doctoral degree in educational measurement, educational psychology, psychometrics, statistics, or a closely related field.
- Six years of increasingly responsible professional experience in educational measurement, applied statistics, or teaching are required.
- Experience providing psychometric services to client certification and/or licensing organizations is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also required.
- Demonstrable expertise in classical and IRT test theories and their applications.
- Experience using IRT software such BILOG-MG, WINSTEPS, PARSCALE, IRTPro, or FlexMIRT.
- Experience using SAS, SPSS, R, or Python programming.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Prometric is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date 24 September 2021
- Job End Date 23 November 2021