10 Briggs Dr, East Greenwich, RI 02818, USA Req #329
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Supply Chain, the Manager of Facilities is a subject-matter expert in multi-site facilities management. Role is responsible for the management, development and operations of ALEX AND ANI offices, distribution center and -all retail locations. Responsible for all aspects of the workplace experience, ranging from traditional facilities management, delivering on our commitment of providing a place for our employees to do their greatest work, real estate strategy, design & construction, and safety & security to ensure we are providing a safe & secure environment that constantly meets the needs of our teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Schedules and supervises facilities team engaged in building and grounds upkeep and repair; responsible for safety and security, electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and ventilation services
• Directs, supervises, and evaluates facilities staff; ensures staff receives training related to specific job tasks and responsibilities
• Oversees all store closings, bidding out contractors and/or traveling to close stores
• Facilities store closures with store operations, junk removal, product organization and shipping equipment back to HQ/DC
• Overseeing all aspects associated with building maintenance, space reconfiguration and office expansion
• Develops and monitors Facilities budget; orders equipment and supplies and monitors inventory; makes requests for capital outlay expenditures as needed.
• Develops, implements, and supervises preventative maintenance and renovation programs for buildings, grounds, mechanical and electrical, utility, and safety and security systems
• Prepares specifications for facility projects; estimates costs of equipment, materials, labor, and supplies; prepares bid specifications for projects, equipment, and contracted services; oversees site and building projects performed by outside contractors
• Leading safety and security efforts to ensure we are constantly providing a safe workplace for our team members
• Responsible developing, implementing and enforcing Loss Prevention measures
• Developing and managing communication channels, to ensure cohesive communications across all sites
• Ensuring Environmental Health and Safety programs are enforced and comply with regulatory standards
• Ability to partner closely with support teams (Finance, HR, Store Design).
• Strong focus on creating a great place for employees & visitors.
• Directs, schedules, and oversees external contractors (electricians, plumbers, excavators, roofers, painters, landscapers, etc.)
• Other duties as needed
• This position requires limited (15-25%) travel
Qualifications and Requirements
• 3-5 years of experience in Facilities Management, contracts and vendor management,
• Multi-site facilities management across multiple locations required
• Experience directly managing full range of workplace facility services through reconfiguration and expansion
• Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Ability to achieve goals through influencing, partnering and developing relationships with leadership and other key stakeholders across the business
• Strong analytical ability and experience utilizing Excel and other MS Office tools.
• OSHA 30-Hour (essential) – OSHA #511 (desirable)
• Building Operator Certification (desirable)
• Formal project management experience (desirable)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Corporate
- Pay Type Salary
- 10 Briggs Dr, East Greenwich, RI 02818, USA