Operations - Driver/Material Handler BX 50/51
Come Join The Best!
At Battery Exchange, our goal is to provide our customers with the best battery products available on the market, combined with the most efficient service in the industry, offered at the most competitive prices, in ever expanding markets. We realize that the customer’s needs and our ability to meet those needs are the determining factor in the success or failure of our business. We strive to treat each and every customer like we would like to be treated by our suppliers. To meet these objectives, we employ only people whose focus is on our goal and whose positive attitude and sense of teamwork gives our customers a reason to do business with us. The ideal candidate will be reliable, organized and personable with great phone/people skills.
At Battery Exchange, our values encompass three points:
- Take care of our team
- Take care of our customers
- Grow our business
Integrity • Customer-Centric • Courteous • Prompt • Attentive • Positive • Continuous Improvement • Team-Advancement • Wellness Health and Safety
Job Description (major areas of responsibility of this position):
A person in this position is responsible to safely drive a class B or C vehicle, not requiring a CDL, to regularly perform deliveries to support customer purchases and improved relationship (which may include managing and replenishing consignments), recovering used batteries, performing customer installations, and performing warehouse tasks associated with shipping, receiving, labeling, loading, inventory control, reconditioning used batteries, and battery maintenance, assists in training others, and records the successful processes and procedures required to carry out all functions. May perform deliveries requiring DOT HOS records and medical clearance. Experience with safe driving practices and material handling equipment and processes is significant. Excellence is demonstrated consistently and process improvements are contributed.
Delivery Driver/Material Handler
- Key to this job is to safely deliver a high-quality customer experience while increasing the profitable sales of Company products and services. Creates and maintains promoters (raving fans) of clients
- Knowledgeable in products carried and educates customers on products promoted monthly. Identifies helpful opportunities for customers through expanding the use of Company products and services.
- Deliver product and pick up used batteries, as well as maintain and replenishes consignment products for customers. Plans efficient routes, ensures proper/accurate, staged, and safe stocking of vehicle. Assists in loading and unloading process.
- Loads and offloads vehicles, prepares shipments, ensures warehouse is orderly, safe, and clean
- Labels products, performs inventory cycle counts and complete counts
Daytime Hours - Monday through Friday - Occasional Weekends if needed
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Other Voluntary Insurance, 401K-with matching, PTO
Integrity • Customer-Centric • Courteous • Prompt • Attentive •
Positive • Continuous Improvement • Team-Advancement • Wellness Health and
Battery X-Change and Repair, Inc. ∙ An Oregon Corp ∙ PO Box
14887, Portland, OR 97293 ∙ BatteryXChange.com
- Pay Type Hourly
- Portland, OR, USA