Research Intern - Chief Research Office
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
To become part of a study team and assist in the completion of a self-contained research project, or various research projects, during the internship period. To become part of a study team and assist in the completion of a self-contained research project, or various research projects, during the internship period. Ideal candidates are pursuing an advanced degree and are interested in analysis that supports national defense issues.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Assist in the process of defining and structuring analytical problems.
2. Develop sound analytical techniques.
3. Carry out analyses to logical conclusions.
4. Communicate results both in writing and orally.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Must have a Bachelor’s degree in the physical sciences, engineering, operations research, mathematics, statistics, economics, international relations or related discipline. Enrolllment in a graduate program preferred.
2. Experience: Undergraduate research experience, including conducting literature searches, analyses, and writing reports is required. Graduate-level coursework and experience preferred.
3. Skills: Must have experience with database manipulation and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); good interpersonal and oral and written communication skills; critical thinking and organizational skills.
4. Other: Must be a US citizen.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters below: "EEO is the Law" Poster; "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster
To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Research
- Job Function Career Path I - Research
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Intern
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America