Digital Communications Specialist -Communications & Public Affairs
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
Responsible for executing a full range of multimedia and digital assignments to support the strategic communications activities of the office. Serves as the company’s primary videographer; produces videos to support strategic external outreach initiatives, records and edits major in-house meetings for internal communications initiatives; records and edits podcasts, webinars and other digital products.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Must be able to understand complex research topics and recommend strategic approach to utilizing video and other digital content to make the topic accessible to key stakeholders, including clients and sponsors, the media, and CNA employees.
2. Ability to guide the creative process, support script and storyboard development; shoot and edit video footage; and accomplish the bulk of the technical tasks related to production and post-production.
3. Can execute state-of-the-art multimedia and other digital content, using motion graphics, animation; and vector graphics. Able to understand and execute digital content on appropriate classified platforms.
4. Transports, sets up, and operates various production equipment as needed including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production.
5. Responsible for maintaining the in-house studio so that it is appropriately equipped for the production needs of CNA. Operates and maintains cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment. Recommends equipment purchases and production processes to the Director as appropriate.
6. Supports the Communications project team throughout the production process, which may include finding interview subjects, creating graphics, and presenting to client and other constituents. Contributes to social media and media campaigns with creative digital content.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field.
2. Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in corporate or not-for-profit communications, journalism or public relations. Experience working in with defense and national security a plus.
3. Skills: Will possess a multi-faceted communications skill set; including video production and print and digital graphic design capabilities. Will also provide support to external communications activities including website updates, social media, communications materials development and media outreach. Experienced with video and photo editing software, PowerPoint and graphic design software. Must be a strong writer and possess strong interpersonal skills. Contributes to execution and completion of projects on deadline.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters below: "EEO is the Law" Poster; "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster
To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Communications/Marketing/PR
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America