Technician - CNC/Screw Machines
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
Core responsibility is to assist Supervisors with assigned tasks and assist associates in problem solving machining issues. Perform assigned repairs, preventative maintenance and continuous improvements in assigned areas by performing the following duties:
· Opens facilities and closes facilities as assigned. Ensure security of associates, equipment and facilities.
· Assist Supervision with scheduling changes, movement of resources and provides leadership coverage when Supervision is unavailable.
· Sets up/change over machines, changes tooling, adjusts programs and operates machines as assigned. Inspects tool holders and machinery and performs machine repairs/preventative maintenance as assigned. Ensures equipment/process is safe and qualified when released to operators.
· Communicate status of machine activities, assigned tasks and quality/efficiencies in an assigned area to Supervision. Assist in monitoring downtime issues and participate in corrective actions.
· Assists team members with quality related questions/concerns.
· Provides training regarding basic safety, machine operation, quality, production goals, work policies and machine fault resolution. Document progress in training by using the verification of training check lists.
· Act as a technical/leader resource for manufacturing personnel in the Technician’s core area of responsibility.
· Participates in team daily follow up activities and LDM activities.
· Prepares preset tooling as needed. Communicates with tool crib in resolving tool breakage and interfaces with vendors regarding tooling issues and equipment concerns as needed.
· Participate in proactive team efforts and share knowledge/skill to achieve departmental and company goals.
· Collaborate with engineers and other personnel to identify, define and solve developmental problems, assist engineering department and sub-contractors in qualifying new/changes to machines.
· Conduct inspections for quality control and assurance programs, reporting findings and recommendations
· Complete all necessary documents fully and accurately
· Adhere to 5S standards (e.g., maintain cleanliness of work area, etc.)
· Follow all Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures
· Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Education
· Perform work under general supervision
· Handle moderately complex issues and problems and refer more complex issues to higher-level staff
· Possess solid working knowledge of subject matter
· Typically require a high school diploma/GED and 2 to 4 years of experience or accreditation from a technical school or an applicable skilled trades program
· Provide leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to a subordinate group when needed
All classified Technicians:
· Intermediate computer skill with word processing and spreadsheet preferred.
· Intermediate knowledge of blueprint reading, GD&T, measuring instruments
· Verbal and written communication
· Problem Solving Techniques
· Machine Repair
· Customer Service – internal
· Time management skills
· Intermediate shop math skills
· Forklift and Crane permit as needed
Core Responsibility Qualifications: - Trained in one or more of the following:
CNC / Hydromat equipment
Screw Machine equipment
Secondary equipment (rotary transfer, hone, assembly, broach, grinding)
Inspection/packaging both manual and automated
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Job Family Facility Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
- 40485 Schoolcraft, Plymouth, MI 48170, USA