Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
Maintain adequate tool inventory levels to support production requirements. This position is responsible for tool ordering, receiving, storage, distribution and document control.
• Use ERP system to review tooling demands by using MRP and/or projected inventory.
• Manage all activities related to assigned tool group.
• Communicate effectively with shop floor personnel, machine operators and schedulers to maximize production efficiency with regards to meeting job changeover and tool set needs.
• Work with engineering on continuous improvement and cost savings.
• Maintain inventory records using receivers, Engineering change orders (ECO), tool distribution requests (TDR) and PO’s issued and received; adjust inventory when tools are pulled for pick lists, during cycle counts and when tools are received.
• Pull prints from AutoCad regarding forming tools for supplier quotes; manage quotes; create purchase orders for authorized quotes using JDE; process P.O.’s and communicate with suppliers regarding delivery status and operational requirements.
• Manage suppliers to decrease lead times, inventory and total cost of ownership.
• Follow all Safety, Environmental, and Quality policies and guidelines
• Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate.
Experience and Education
• High school education or equivalent experience plus 1-3 years of applied training
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite
• ERP system knowledge a plus - JD Edwards Enterprise One
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities at one time
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills / Team player
· Problem-solving skills
· Communication skills
· Interpersonal skills
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Pay Type Salary
- Mundelein, IL, 1000 Allanson Road, Mundelein, Illinois, United States of America