Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
Performs work associated with the operation of assigned CNC and Hydromat equipment in a manufacturing environment.
· Operate assigned mechanical equipment. Load/unload parts into a fixture/holder or an automatic feeding device. Equipment may be either lathes or mills.
· Ensure that items produced pass quality control requirements. Pack parts per customer specifications. Read and interpret blueprints, audit sheets, quality alerts, etc.
· Perform basic troubleshooting of equipment and perform adjustments. Clear routine faults and stoppages. Change or replace broken or worn tooling and qualify part to print.
· Use basic measuring instruments such as gages, calipers, and micrometers.
· Complete all necessary documents fully and accurately.
· Maintain productivity boards at the workcenter and enter production, scrap, downtime and daily notes into the Plex system. Print and attach labels to specified containers.
· Adhere to 5S standards (e.g., maintain cleanliness of work area, etc.)
· Follow all Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures
· Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Education
· Perform work under direct supervision
· Handle basic issues and problems and refer more complex issues to higher level staff
· Possess beginning to working knowledge of subject matter
· Typically require a high school diploma or equivalent and 3 to 12 months of experience
· Ability to interpret work instructions
· Basic computer operation
· Ability to follow written and verbal directions
· Basic verbal and written communication skills
· Basic mathematical skills; ability to apply understanding of geometry during offsets and tool changes.
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Job Family Operator
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.00
- 40485 Schoolcraft, Plymouth, MI 48170, USA