Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
The individual in this role will be a key component to the success of our team as we strive towards the improvement of our engineering and quality systems. The purpose of this role is to provide that key support to Engineering, Quality, and Production departments through the development of a reliable and well-managed lab environment.
· Responsible for managing the up-keep and organization of all lab equipment.
· Operate all test equipment and perform all tests listed in the Lab Scope, including: Torque/Tension, Tensile, Hardness, Metallographic Analysis, Salt Spray, and Cleanliness testing.
· Generate reliability in the lab using logs for daily equipment checks, lab numbers, performance metrics, and cleanliness.
· Develop technical lab reports, dimensional tests, and certifications for PPAPs.
· Support continuous production by inspecting incoming steel coils for defects and correct paperwork.
· Perform technical analysis as requested by Quality Assurance.
· Follow safety rules, including a clean and orderly lab environment.
· Create success and advancement in the lab by utilizing continuous improvement principles.
· Adhere to company quality policy and industry technical specifications.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
· 2-year technical college education or equivalent experience
· Must have basic knowledge of metallurgy, metrology, and mechanical testing
· Ability to read and interpret product drawings, technical specifications (including, engineering standards, and work instructions
· Basic knowledge of computer software (MS Word, Excel), mainframe (JD Edwards EnterpriseOne)
· Must be a self-starter with good organizational and communication skills and a high level of reliability.
· Must be a self-motivated team player with a desire to achieve continued success.
· Ability to interpret work instructions
· Ability to follow written and verbal directions
· Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Interpersonal skills
· Problem-solving skills
· Analytical thinking skills
· Design expertise
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mundelein, IL, 1000 Allanson Road, Mundelein, Illinois, United States of America