Manufacturing Engineer Intern
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
Performs work associated with manufacturing area(s).
· Responsibilities will vary based on facility and may include the following:
· Contribute and provide support to a variety of manufacturing areas such as Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, Application, Process, Quality, Lean, Finance, Accounting, IT, HR, etc.
· Create standard work instructions for daily processes and procedures
· Input data from prints and other documents into database(s)
· Research, troubleshoot and problem solve as needed
· Perform audits
· Interact formally and informally with all levels or personnel, including senior management
· Complete all necessary documents fully and accurately
· Adhere to 5S standards (e.g., maintain cleanliness of work area, etc.)
· Follow all Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures
· Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Education
· Perform work under direct supervision
· Handle basic issues and problems and refer more complex issues to higher-level staff
· Possess beginning to working knowledge of subject matter
· Typically require a high school diploma or equivalent; actively pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree or recent graduate in related field
· Ability to interpret work instructions
· Ability to follow written and verbal directions
· Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
· Intermediate mathematical skills
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to problem-solve
· Analytical thinking skills
· Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Job Family Admin
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mooresville, NC, 227 Manufacturers Blvd., Mooresville, North Carolina, United States of America