Shipping & Warehouse - Shipping/Receiving Clerk
JOB SUMMARY: Prepares parts, products, and paperwork for shipments. Helps with distribution of delivered product.
JOB FUNCTIONS:Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Pulls parts from the warehouse according to shipment orders
- Packages parts as necessary for safe and proper shipment
- Move parts and packages to loading area.
- Prepare the proper shipping paperwork:
1. Bill of landing, UPS labels, export papers etc.
- Check any incoming product and label for proper distribution.
- Enforces inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Promotes clean shipping supply area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Completes reports by entering required information in the computer system.
- Use warehouse equipment (i.e. bander, stretch wrap machine, etc..)
- Follow all safety procedures: personal protective equipment, safety glasses, proper lifting, all tow motor rules, observe slip and trip hazards, cautious of stacked tanks, do not block aisle ways, make sure incoming hazardous materials are marked, all other deemed as necessary.
- Follow quality procedures: shipping paperwork is filling out correctly and distributed to the proper locations. Back orders are filled out and distributed properly as well as all other paperwork. Amer-Kart is ISO certified; with this certification we hold quality very highly. If you are unsure of a parts quality, we encourage you to call QC or your supervisor. We will always strive for continuous improvements. Any suggestions you may have on improving please notify your supervisor.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Forklift Certification within 30 days of job entry date
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is a plus
SECONDARY DUTIES AS REQUIRED:
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred but not necessary.
Experience: No prior experience is required.
Computer Skills: some computer usage will be required
Knowledge: Communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors. Able to read English and spelling for daily
paperwork, basic math skills.
Certificates & Licenses:
Other Requirements: Interpret written and oral instructions. Work effectively with minimal supervision. Analyze situations and take appropriate action. Work independently and in a team.
lbs or less
Handling / Fingering 51-100
Reach Outward Over
Reach Above Shoulder Push/Pull
lbs or less
Squat or Kneel 26-40
Activity is not applicable to this
(Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to
33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
(Frequently)Occupation requires this activity from
33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
(Constantly)Occupation requires this activity more
than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements:
Vision (Near, Distance, Color,
Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Ability to wear Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) (Welding Helmet, Welding Jacket, Leather Gloves,
Safety Glasses, Steel toe shoes or boot, earplugs)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat and the risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.00
- Bristol, IN 46507, USA