Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
3rd Shift Production Supervisor Job Overview
The Supervisor provides leadership over a work area for manufacturing while making decisions to improve Safety, Quality and Delivery. The Supervisor is responsible for partnering with the Production Manager or Lead to assist in overseeing the planning, production, staffing, and technical leadership for their work area(s). They will work closely with quality, engineering, materials, management, and production employees to support all areas of manufacturing while maintaining a safe working environment for all. Duties may be assigned or reassigned at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the health and safety of all employees remains the number one goal
- Collaborate with engineering, production, and quality to resolve production issues
- Provide training and support to production employees to ensure the highest level of productivity and quality
- Responsible for implementing and utilizing a cross training plan that supports production needs
- Provide feedback to employees including recognition, coaching, and mentoring for performance
- Drive accountability to the desired metrics in their respective area(s)
- Identify root cause of technical issues arising from the production line and work with team to implement solutions
- Managing time and attendance for respective area(s) including payroll reporting
- Lead respective area(s) in evaluating, problem solving, brainstorming, resources, and support
- Meet the needs of the customers and agreed up expectations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must be a good listener with ability to guide (coach) others.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA regulations preferred.
- Must have a willingness to initiate and lead change.
- Must be results driven with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple products in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to use a computer in a Windows based environment with MS Office
- Self-starter and detail oriented preferred
- Must be a licensed forklift operator
- Supervise up to 30 production and/or support associates.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment required. Prior supervision experience necessary.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree or Technical Certificate preferred.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, IN 46507, USA