Network Administrator - IT
Assist the Senior Systems Administrator in network hardware and software configuration, installation, maintenance, documentation, user support and training for DC office and Chapters. Assists in Office 365 administration. Performs network systems development and administration functions. Continuously monitors and works to improve computer hardware and software performance. Provides after hours maintenance, support, and troubleshooting for all NASW servers. Work is performed under general supervision of the senior systems administrator.
BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helpdesk: Monitors ticketing system, assigns tickets, and assists helpdesk with level 1 and 2 help desk requests.
- A/V: Sets up and install equipment such as, video screens, projectors, video monitors, microphones, connecting wires and cables, for events and functions such as meetings and presentations. Provides backup support for webinars and GoToMeeting platforms.
- Assists in maintaining NASW’s computer environment and data communication network. Ensures that IT services and operations are continuous, secure, accurate, current and well-utilized.
- Troubleshoots network hardware, software, fax and web server and other network peripherals. Resolves complex problems to ensure minimal disruption to users.
- Acts as liaison to network vendors and coordinates computer hardware and software vendor maintenance activities in compliance with agreement.
- Acts as backup to Senior Systems Administrator in system security and system backups. Backs up all centrally located or managed computer software and databases. Maintains system security, specific network applications, and coordinates upgrades on multiple platforms and configurations.
- Coordinates web and listserv functionality.
- Maintains knowledge of current technology. Provides input on RFP’s. Evaluates hardware and software. Makes hardware and software recommendations to Manager, IT.
- Coordinates and provides user training on AV system and network communication features and capabilities.
- Maintains computer hardware and software inventories.
- Plans and coordinates study into areas of new technology and their implementation.
- Makes recommendations on improving user services and general network performance and configuration management details.
- Prepares extensive documentation on procedures relating to MIS interfacing with the rest of the organization and internal housekeeping information.
- Assists in the annual budgeting process and with analyzing the on-going cost of operations.
- Provides after hours technical and database support.
MINIMUM WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Able to identify root causes and work creatively to resolve problems, balancing economic and strategic considerations and weighing the impact of actions on other departments.
- Exhibits sound judgment by taking appropriate action in situations of concern or requiring escalation.
- Demonstrated analytical, quantitative, and budget planning/monitoring skills.
- Must be an excellent communicator (both oral and written), including the ability to interface effectively at the executive level and across the organization.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills, including a strong customer service orientation.
- Strong project management skills. Must be able to plan, organize, and lead projects and tasks effectively while paying close attention to details, identifying deliverables and meeting timelines.
- Demonstrates initiative in staying current with new technologies and recommending system improvements that enhance operational effectiveness.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, information services or related field, or equivalent directly-related work experience.
- Microsoft Certification is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft products including Windows Server, Office 365 administration, and Microsoft Azure. Mac expertise also preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of hardware and software installation, testing and operation.
- Requires knowledge of business process and workflow analysis and ability to document workflow.
- Knowledge of data communications, telecommunications, and audio-visual equipment.
Requires a minimum of three years of network administration.
NASW is an equal opportunity employer. As such, NASW is committed to promoting and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. The selection of personnel, including new hires and promotions, will be on the basis of qualifications designed to ensure appointments of persons able to effectively discharge the duties and responsibilities of their position. The Association will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Association will also abide by applicable Affirmative Action requirements mandated by any federal contracts.
- Pay Type Salary
- NASW Operations, 750 First Street NE, Washington, District Of Columbia, United States of America