Help Desk Technician - IT (Union)
Under general supervision, the Help Desk Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining end-user workstations and productivity on local area networks. The Help Desk Technician is also responsible for maintenance, software installation, end-user support, including training to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet association and user requirements.
BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN).
- Provides support to staff on all NASW-supported applications.
- Troubleshoots computer problems, determines source and advises on appropriate action.
- Investigates technology related issues, identifies their source; tests and implements solutions.
- Installs, configures and maintains personal computers, Windows networks, Apple workstations, file servers, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment.
- Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing employees.
- Configures and deploys new computer equipment.
- Maintains inventory of NASW-owned and leased computer equipment.
- Performs responsibilities in accordance with all association standards, policies and procedures.
- Records, tracks, and documents the help desk requests including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
MINIMUM REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLs & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field.
- Knowledge of computers and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of network protocols (such as DNS, SMTP and TCP/IP)
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to organize resources and establish priorities.
- Ability to learn and support new systems.
- excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- 1-2 years of progressively responsible help desk and customer service experience (required).
- 2-4 years of networking or equivalent applicable work experience (required).
- Experience supporting Office 365.
- Experience with helpdesk ticketing systems.
NASW is an equal opportunity employer. As such, NASW is committed to promoting and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. The selection of personnel, including new hires and promotions, will be on the basis of qualifications designed to ensure appointments of persons able to effectively discharge the duties and responsibilities of their position. The Association will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Association will also abide by applicable Affirmative Action requirements mandated by any federal contracts.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- NASW Operations, 750 First Street NE, Washington, District Of Columbia, United States of America