Project Manager - Special Projects
The self-motivated Project Manager of Corporate Strategy team is responsible for the coordination, monitoring, implementation, control, and completion of engineering and strategic corporate projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, stakeholders and goals of the company. This role will focus on both: current operations of the business and future products and services. To be successful as a Project Manager, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines.
- Define project scope, priorities, and deliverables
- Compile project-related data from different data sources, develop and produce recurring and other ad hoc reports as needed
- Manage the governance of large projects and change management initiatives; facilitate the weekly update calls internally and engage with stakeholders at the cadence necessary to achieve the objectives
- Work in close cooperation with both internal and external stakeholders
- Exhibit high sense of ownership for assigned projects and drive tasks to completion
- Prepare subcontractor and supplier agreements to be executed and document changes in work or costs
- Coordinate across departments and across various levels within Plymouth to maintain continued progress toward project milestones
- Documentation of product implementations/process improvements
- Documentation of lessons learned for projects completed in the major project portfolio
- Maintain and update a project tasks to ensure common understanding of progress and priorities with Senior Management, Mills, and other related personnel.
- Effectively identify risks in the project plan and build mitigation plans to minimize risk
- Prioritize task project effort in support of overall organizational x matrix strategy
- Keep project budget and timeline on track by anticipating challenges and adapting plans accordingly.
- Discover ways to empower team to be more accountable
- Create development plans for all employees and hold them accountable
- Create training material for all functions
- Bachelor’s degree required (business, project management, or STEM)
- Advanced Degree or MBA preferred
- Deep manufacturing experience – 10-15 years in manufacturing plants, understanding an implementing lean concepts and tools for and cost savings
- Must have completed at least 2-3 large multi-site rationalization or large technical projects involving movement of equipment from site to site, installation of large manufacturing equipment, redesign of work cell within an existing plant or construction of greenfield manufacturing site from design through start up
- Advanced Understanding of engineering concepts
- Solid financial background
- Advanced Project Management skills – PMP required
- Risk Management
- Communication Management
- Change Management
- Registered Professional Engineer – desirable
- Design experience and mechanical aptitude – able to utilize 3D design software such as AUTOCAD, SolidWorks etc., for drawing and design of components, layouts and equipment.
- Solid understanding of OSHA related regulations
- Ability to influence up and down the chain of management
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to quickly achieve proficiency with new software and technology platforms
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally with other leaders on sensitive and/or emotional issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to wear many hats and think outside of the box
- Familiarity with project management methodology and processes
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, particularly strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Familiarity with scheduling in a project management context
- Must have the ability to hit the ground running, being a team player with good presentation skills
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing is a plus.
- Ability to travel 75-80% of time
- Analytical Skills. The individual collects and synthesizes complex or diverse information and uses the ability to synthesize large data sets combined with intuition and experience to make decisions.
- Problem Solving. The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills. The individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to other’s ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral Communication. The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication. The individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning & Organizing. The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. Also, the individual has the ability to think ahead and plan over a short, medium- and long-term horizon.
- Quality Control. The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure individual quality.
- Adaptability. The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability. The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety & Security. The individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Job Function Group 2
- Pay Type Salary
- Warrenville, IL, USA