Huntersville CIS Imaging - Ultrasound Technologist
Charlotte Radiology is the area's imaging experts. Having served Mecklenburg and surrounding counties in both NC and SC since 1967, Charlotte Radiology is one of the largest radiology groups in the country with more than 500 employees and doctors and is a founding partner of US Radiology Specialists. Charlotte Radiology owns and operates 15 breast centers, a mobile breast center program, two vein centers, several vascular and interventional radiology sites and jointly owns five free-standing imaging centers. Greater than 90% of our employees directly touch patient care and are comprised of 95+ radiologists, 25 advanced care professionals, 160+ technologists and nurses and 150+ outpatient support staff professionals. Backed by an administrative team of more than 65 employees, we together consistently earn an overall patient satisfaction score of greater
than 95%. Our radiologists’ training span a wide range of subspecialties from mammography and musculoskeletal imaging to pediatrics and interventional radiology, and they interpret and/or perform more than 1.5 million studies annually for 18 hospitals, 30+ imaging centers and a multitude of health care providers. For more information visit: www.charlotteradiology.com.
Our Vision: To be recognized as the provider of choice – where people come first.
Our Mission: Through collaborative teamwork, we will provide quality-driven, innovative, customer-focused services that exceed expectations.
- Examines orders and verifies the patient request for accuracy.
Addresses any questionable orders with the Radiologist before performing the procedure(s).
Operates Ultrasound equipment to make quality images of designated portions of the body under the direct order of a physician and in accordance with radiation safety procedures.
- Completes required paperwork/orders, email order request and authorization in a timely and accurate manner.
- Accurately records patient medical history on designated history form.
- Correlates test results and other lab data with exam being performed.
- Performs basic patient care functions and informs appropriate nursing staff if needed
- Operates radiology computer system
- Monitor supplies/stock room/equipment.
- Proactively initiates ordering or repairs, as needed.
- Communicate with PACS/IT for imaging distribution if necessary
- Effectively communicates with Radiologist for protocols, as needed
- Various duties as they arise
What is Needed:
- 1-3 years’ experience in Ultrasound
- US certification
- ARDMS certified or Board eligible required; RVT and CPR certified
- Must be able to perform procedures in accordance with the CR departmental protocols and standards
- Must be up to date with local and federal regulations that apply to their licensure and role
Must be able to review the patient history for any pertinent information
Must be able to communicate with the Radiologist or referring MD if a protocol needs to be obtained or a test needs to be altered
- Must be able to report malfunctioning equipment to the Ultrasound engineer
- Must have positive communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new and various situations and procedures according to patient capability
- Must be able to differentiate artifacts from anatomical or pathological structures and recognize any imaging abnormalities
Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift 50-75 lbs.
Employees in this position are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Job Family Technologist
- Pay Type Hourly
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Huntersville, NC 28078, USA