Loss Mitigation Manager
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Loss Mitigation Manager.
This important role will successfully lead loss mitigation operations, which includes customer outreach as well as intake, negotiations and fulfillment loss mitigation processing, as well has have shared responsibility for controlling and maintaining delinquency and foreclosure rates for the Homeownership Division. The Loss Mitigation Manager will lead a department of professional associates.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all new loss mitigation applications are reviewed for completeness, assigned to officers, evaluated, decisioned and transacted accurately and timely
- Work with external business partners, stakeholders and internal departments to ensure compliance with applicable laws, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Developing and maintaining relationships with business partners, vendors and external stakeholders to support the mission of assisting Virginians retain home ownership
- Leading and developing a department of professional employees with a strong leadership emphasis on teamwork; identifying and fostering development and succession planning and recommending training and development strategies
- Developing, identifying, enhancing, maintaining and utilizing systems, reporting and other tools to enhance controls while monitoring for accuracy, compliance and timeliness of processes
- Co-Manage reputational, financial and operational risk for Virginia Housing
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Many years of direct mortgage loss mitigation servicing experience in a mid-sized financial institution
- Proven results at reducing delinquency and foreclosure rates and mitigating financial loss
- Proficient knowledge of FHA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, VA and Rural Development loss mitigation guidelines
- Several years of experience managing a loss mitigation team
- Ability to communicate with all levels within an organization
- Results driven with ability to meet deadlines
- Good understanding of the business and ability to see opportunities and make quick resolution
- Proficient in Black Knight MSP
Preferred experience includes experience performing and managing all aspects of Mortgage Servicing Loss Mitigation including intake, underwriting and fulfillment. Knowledge of programs implemented to assist borrowers who were impacted negatively by the COVID Pandemic.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on Monday, October 4, 2021.
Hiring Range: $82,879 - $107,741
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
Per Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, Virginia Housing associates are required to disclose their vaccination status to Human Resources as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $82,879.00
- Max Hiring Rate $107,741.00
- Richmond, VA, USA