We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as an Associate Chief.
This important role will act as an assistant to one of the Chiefs: Chief Legal Counsel, Chief of Staff, Chief of Programs or Chief Operations Officer. This position will support a Chief in the oversight of Virginia Housing’s portfolio of programs, activities and related services. The Associate Chief will effectively steward resources by supporting and managing the coordination of resources to support these programs and provide support, guidance, and professional development opportunities to leadership staff of the respective area of business. This position will also stay abreast of developments in affordable housing program creation and implementation at the federal, state and local levels. This position reports to a Virginia Housing Chief, member of the senior leadership team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as a thought leader, trusted advisor and champion on behalf of the Chief
- Helping the Chief prioritize strategic and operational goals
- Identifying the areas of focus and the development of metrics and key performance indicators for success
- Monitoring information flow, sometimes acting as a gatekeeper, ensuring the Chief’s involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment
- May be asked to perform similar duties as noted above for Managing Directors or other departmental leaders, on a special assignment basis
- Overseeing large, often cross-functional, division-wide projects or initiatives
- Bringing together multiple stakeholders and helping drive decisions
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or an advanced degree in business, finance, public policy and administration, or another relevant field (Master’s preferred)
- 5-7 years of experience managing programs, business operations and employee engagement
Preferred experience includes:
- Prior management experience
- Experience in lending, commercial real estate or community outreach
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $109,604 - $142,485
Background checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
Per Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, Virginia Housing associates are required to disclose their vaccination status to Human Resources as a condition of employment. Those individuals not fully vaccinated by their start date are required to undergo and report the results of weekly Covid-19 testing.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $109,604.00
- Max Hiring Rate $142,485.00
- Richmond, VA, USA