Grant Programs Intern
We are looking for amazing people! Join Virginia Housing’s Community Outreach Division as a Grant Programs Intern!
The Grant Programs Intern will have the opportunity to build relationships with public and private entities that enable Virginia Housing to address identified priority housing needs. The division consists of four business units addressing housing education/partner training, HCV rental assistance and specialized outreach. You will report directly to the Housing Education Manager and provide support to the Community Outreach Division Director.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Housing Education and Training Team to oversee existing resources, initiatives and programs
- Assisting the Housing Education Manager in the revision and development of educational curriculums/programs focusing on rental, post-purchase and homebuyer education
- Assisting with event planning and coordination of activities with our external partners
- Periodically working on special projects for all departments within Community Outreach: Strategic Housing, Housing Choice Voucher and Grant Programs and Initiatives
- Performing various office management tasks to include administrative, organizational, technical and coordinative assignments
Qualified candidates must:
- Be enrolled in a degree program in Public Administration, Urban and Regional Planning, Adult Learning or Education or a similar program during the internship
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be dependable, flexible, able to multi-task and work independently
- Be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, database management including the ability to use the Internet as a research tool
- Exhibit strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Experience with web-conferencing such as WebEx and Zoom is preferred.
The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work up to 20 hours per week while taking classes and up to 40 hours per week during summer break. The internship will begin Fall 2021 and run through June 2022. This is a paid internship.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on Friday, October 8, 2021.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Glen Allen, VA, USA