Business Application Manager
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Business Application Manager.
This important role will develop and maintain effective working relationships with both business partners, vendors and Information Technology personnel. The Business Application Manager will support IT leadership in their efforts with overseeing, managing and leveraging the entire life cycle of IT investments and initiatives. The role’s aim is to help focus Business Application Administrator’s efforts and provide/escalate information to make the best possible use of all resources while delivering maximum value and benefits.
Responsibilities will include:
- Motivate and lead a team of Business Application Administrators to increase productivity through continuous improvement
- Partner with Business Leaders, Business Technology Partners and Business Analysts to actively seek ways to apply technology to business processes and provide advice and recommendations on options, risks, costs versus benefits and impact on other business processes/systems
- Negotiate milestones and deadlines based on current assignments, availability of IT resources and the needs of the business by working with Business Technology Partners, Project Managers and other IT Resource Managers
- Manage outstanding incident and service request tickets by working closely with the team for timely resolution and prioritization and ensure that progress updates are communicated
- Prepare budget, review and approve invoices and research variances for the department
- Responsible for contract administration and vendor management duties
Qualified candidates must possess:
- B.S. Degree in Information Services, Business Administration, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Many years of leadership experience to include a combination of several of the following: project management, business process management, business application administration, knowledge of networks, database and desktop environments and integration of systems, and/or organizational business systems implementation
- Several years of experience managing, leading and mentoring a mid-size team (six+ preferred) of technology workers
- Several years of experience managing software vendors and contracts
- Understanding of process improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma
- Understanding of Agile or Kanban methodology
Preferred experience includes:
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification
- Agile or Kanban methodology training or certification
- Experience in mortgage banking, single family or multi-family products and services
- Budgeting experience
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on Friday, October 1, 2021.
Hiring Range: $95,308 - $123,897
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
Per Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, Virginia Housing associates are required to disclose their vaccination status to Human Resources as a condition of employment. Those individuals not fully vaccinated by their start date are required to undergo and report the results of weekly Covid-19 testing.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $95,308.00
- Max Hiring Rate $123,897.00
- Richmond, VA, USA