W05BI - Machine Op - Quilter
As a member of the bedding production team, the Quilter Operator is required to operate a multi-needle quilting machine and other equipment in order to efficiently produce quilted mattress panels per quality and quantity requirements, and with the least amount of waste. The operation of machines includes such duties as material loading, pattern selections, and minor machine maintenance.
- Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of safety principles and practices; follows all safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment and grow our “Safety First Culture”.
- Loads/reloads fabric, threads and bobbins on quilting and/or sewing machines.
- Sets up quilting machines through loading and reloading of backing and adjusting needle positioning and patterns.
- Measures and sets panel cutting blades, and adjusts panel cutting machine as needed.
- Operates multi-needle quilting machine to produce quilted mattress panels. Monitors machine (visual and audio) and adjusts as needed in order to prevent skipping and/or creating scrap.
- Measures and inspects finished panel. Repairs defective panels using a straight stitch sewing machine and/or other established processes.
- Performs routine maintenance on machine such as lubricating machinery.
- Operates computer related to quilting function.
- Maintains workstation in a neat, clean and orderly fashion, and performs job duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Execute and document quality inspections per SOP.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform related duties as required or assigned by supervision.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- Working knowledge of computers; Computer software skills (Windows).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Takes direction.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Takes the initiative to be a self-starter.
- Basic math skills to measure appropriate batting, backing, and quilt tops.
Education and Experience
- Highschool or equivalent (Preferred).
- Industrial Sewing Machine: 2 year (Preferred).
- Manufacturing: 2 year (Preferred).
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Performing duties outside the normally scheduled work hours occasionally occurs and is required.
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
- The noise level that is typical for this work environment can be loud.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- May involve some repetitive motions.
- Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform duties.
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to perform duties of the position.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Maintain the production pace of the other team members.
- Will engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of furniture.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by team member assigned to this classification. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by team member assigned to this classification.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
As a potential Woodhaven team member, you will share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You will be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You will have an opportunity to work for a company that prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Woodhaven is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class.
Woodhaven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family WV
- Job Function Woodhaven
- Pay Type Hourly
- WH Upholstery - Coolidge Plants, 23400 Us Hwy 319N Po Box 460, Coolidge, Georgia, United States of America