Document Control Specialist
Reporting to the training manager, this position coordinates and administers assigned configuration management activities relative to identification, control, and training for specification and change documents directly related to the assigned project. As the document controls specialist, you will provide support and oversight in the definition and implementation of document management and Information Systems for Buildings & Infrastructure programs and projects. As a document controls specialist, you may be responsible for developing processes and procedures according to the dynamic needs of our clients and services. Ensures training materials are revised and updated as needed. Can work independently and as part of a team, the individual will rely on pre-established guidelines by the organization to perform job functions.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of 2-3 years previous work experience in healthcare collections or insurance, collections, compliance and training.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Required job knowledge and skills include but are not limited to the items listed below:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive and upbeat attitude
- Possess elevated level of patience and flexibility
- Ability to mentor & demonstrate excellent leadership skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Project)
- Reliable attendance record
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize tasks
- Works well with others in a team environment
- Must also be able to maintain confidentiality
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn / stay abreast of relevant policies and procedures
- Flexible work ethic, ability to perform under pressure in a clam and professional manner
- Team player
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to the items listed below:
- The document control specialist facilitates the change control process in the electronic change control system as well as tracks the change process through development, approval, and implementation
- Analyzes and interprets the significance of the proposed change using independent judgment to identify deliverables, supporting data and approval requirements on a case-by-case basis
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Partners with cross-functional associates to meet compliance requirements
- Guide change initiators in the development of accurate changes
- Ensures changes and documentations are following the company’s policies and procedures
- Assists in the documentation of key processes and departmental procedures
- Receives, classifies, files, audits, tracks and maintains centralized documentation archiving system of controlled documents according to established procedure
- Responsible for file maintenance and record keeping; locates and retrieves file material upon request from external record archiving location
- Compiles data for the creation of metrics and reports for various departmental activities
- Assists in the preparation of legacy documents for migration into an electronic document control system
- Assist as required in regulatory inspection activities.
- Assists in the tracking and maintenance of the external standards database
- Work on continuous improvement projects as assigned by management
- Effectively follows the company’s standard operating procedures
- Exercises good judgment and uses decision making skills to effectively perform job responsibilities
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities
Other duties as needed and assigned by management.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Job Family Admin/Support
- Pay Type Hourly
- 10713 W Sam Houston Pkwy N, Houston, TX 77064, USA