Insurance Services Specialist
The Insurance Services Representative position is responsible for all insurance follows up on assigned accounts from the Acclara management team. The core responsibilities of an insurance representative include research, insurance billing and adjustment identification to ensure proper account resolution. This position requires the ability to work independently, accomplish goals, excellent customer service and communication skills, creativity, patience and flexibility. Insurance Representatives rely on guidelines established by the organization to perform job functions and work under general supervision in a moderately fast paced environment. Insurance Services Representatives usually report to the department lead or supervisor.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of two years previous work experience as an insurance follow-up representative is required. Must have full understanding of insurance follow-up processes (i.e. Billing, Collections, Managed Care, Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial Practices), and well-developed interpersonal skills.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable attendance record
- Knowledge of EOBs, CPT & ICD-10 codes, HCFAs, UB04s, HCPCS, DRGs and authorizations/referrals
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn / stay abreast of relevant policies
- Computer literate / able to use basic functions of a computer
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 wpm
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Outstanding listening skills
- Ability to perform under pressure in a calm manner
- Basic math skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Positive attitude
- Team player
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS:
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to the items listed below:
· Obtain Claim Status via the Telephone, Internet and/or Fax
· Review and Interpret Contractual Terms for Managed Care, Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid and Workers’ Compensation
· Obtain Supporting Documentation Regarding Insurance Follow-up Efforts
· Identify Contractual and Administrative Adjustments
· Billing via Electronic and Hardcopy Submission
- We work hard to make Acclara a wonderful place to work. Our people are our greatest assets, and we encourage employees to grow and develop, assuming greater responsibilities and leadership roles.
- Put the Patient First: The philosophy behind our approach is simple: drive revenue by putting the patient first. While our philosophy is simple, the key to our success is in the details.
- Hard Work, Diligence to Every Detail, and Passionate Service
Other duties as needed and assigned by the team leader and/or supervisor.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Insurance Follow- Up experience do you have?
- How many years of Medical Billing experience do you have?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Washington, PA, USA