Human Resources and FMLA Coordinator
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Coordinator provides assistance and facilitates the
human resources processes for all business locations of a multi-site, multi-state
enterprise. Performs a variety of human
resources and administrative related functions for the field in conjunction
with the human resources department. Additionally,
will serve as the contact in managing leaves of absences, determining FMLA
eligibility and sending out applicable correspondences regarding the status of
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist administrators and department managers with all onboarding needs through the Company’s HRIS system, including auditing and processing new hire paperwork, check lists, e-Verify, etc.
2. Badge processing ad property record retention maintenance for home office associates.
3. Processes and audits all personnel action changes for status changes, new hires and terminations
4. Prepares, maintains and files personnel files on each active/terminated employee to ensure legal compliance.
5. Provide timely assistance to managers and associates regarding human resource questions and HR processes
6. Prepare new hire packets and other employee related information, as needed.
7. Provide written and verbal employment verifications.
8. Assist with ensuring compliance in all areas of human resources, including I-9 compliance and audits.
9. Assist managers with resolving personnel action changes.
10. Aides in day-to-day human resources administration and questions.
11. File, upload or scan HR related documents in tangible filing cabinets or scanning software on a daily basis.
12. Participate in HR Team responsibilities, including assisting with projects and correspondence. Assists with employee event planning initiatives, as needed.
13. Creates name badges for new staff members.
14. Manage tasks to meet time sensitive deadlines.
15. Custodian of employee records.
16. Performs other tasks and special projects as required or assigned by management.
Leaves of Absence Management
1. Manage and track LOA process, collaborating between management and employees.
2. Sends necessary paperwork to employees, processes claims, and tracks time off in connection with the payroll department.
3. Works with Human Resources Business Partners to resolve employee relations matters as it relates to leave of absence considerations
4. Establishes FMLA claims; tracks and codes documentation in accordance with internal workflow processes
5. Analyzes FMLA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations
6. Maintain employee LOA files
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Fluent in MSWord, Excel and HRIS software, including general HRIS reporting systems
2. Excellent data entry skills (minimum 60 wpm/ 8,000 kpm)
3. Work requires someone who is a self-starter, takes ownership of work, extremely organized and has the ability to prioritize and balance multiple duties, some of which are very deadline-oriented.
4. Knowledge of onboarding processes and administrative workflows of human resources.
5. Knowledge of state and federal FMLA regulations and ADA
6. Knowledge of disability management
7. Work requires someone who has excellent communication and interpersonal skills and who can work with minimal supervision.
8. Ability to keep all HR information confidential. Disclosure of confidential information is grounds for termination.
9. Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
10. Professional and personable with the ability to exercise sound judgment when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
11. Ability to prioritize effectively, think independently and problem solve to ensure all projects are completed in an effective and timely manner.
12. Strong organization skills, detail-oriented, and ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments.
Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent field
Should possess at least 3 years experience in human resources/benefits position with FMLA/ADA understanding.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Sunday, August 1, 2021
- 151 Southhall Ln, Maitland, FL 32751, USA