Patient Balance Representative - Maitland
The Patient Balance AR Representative is responsible for working patient balances in a timely and effective manner while maintaining accuracy and productivity levels.The person inthis role must be comfortable with explaining the medical billing processes to patients, reconciling data required for financial reporting and collections.Additional duties may be assigned to persons employed in the Patient Balance AR Representativeposition.
1.Review accounts to understand why there is a balance owed
2.Communicate with patient’s to explain balances and collect on owed balances
3.Analyze and report on patient balances
4.Process credit card payments and set up payment plans
5.Monitorandimmediatelyreporttomanagementanytrending patient balance issue
6.May performdutiesor specialprojectsas requiredorasassigned byManagement
- Minimum one year experience in a MEDICAL billing office setting with knowledge of medical terminology, CPT coding, and how to read and interpret EOB's required.
- Excellent organizational, customer service, and communication skills
- Related computer experience, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Next Gen experience preferred
- Extremely accurate keyboard ability and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish is a plus but not required
·Project a professional manner and image, including proper workplace attire and grooming standards;exhibitprofessional conductat alltimes
·Adhere to ethical principlesandcore ADCS values
· Treat all patients and staff with respect, compassion, and empathy, recognizing and respecting culturaldiversity
·Maintainastrongrecordforattendance andpunctuality in arrivingatwork
One years of experience in a medical billing office with experience in insurance, managed care, Medicare, andMedicaid.
·Ability to read and interpret work-related documents such as reports, communications, safety rules,operatingandmaintenanceinstructions, andprocedure manuals
·Abilityto respondto routinecorrespondence
· Ability to listen, speak, and interact effectively with all customers and co-workers, adaptingcommunicationforoptimal understanding
· Excellent verbal communication skills required; ability to practice professional telephone etiquette andtechniquesonall calls
Ability to understand and follow instructions, both written and verbal. Ability to interpret data furnished inwritten, oral, diagram, or schedule form and apply knowledge and understanding in order to effectively performjobduties.
Work is performed in a challenging office environment and may include extensive telephone communications,including contact with insurance companies. Ability to work a flexible schedule may be required in order to meettheneedsofthedepartment, includingovertime,andemergencyshifts.
Work requires prolonged periods of sitting, with some standing and walking.Tasks require grasping, fine fingerand hand dexterity, computer keyboarding and mouse usage, and repetitive hand, wrist, and shoulder motion.This position requires that the employee be able to push/pull, reach, bend, and kneel/crouch/squat.Lifting upto 10 pounds required, with occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.Work requires extensive reading, writing, andtalking.Normalvisionrequired,withorwithout correctivelenses.Normalhearingis required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 151 Southhall Ln, Maitland, FL 32751, USA