Alta Resources is Hiring!
The Account Manager manages sales accounts and all activities selling Client products to hospitals and clinics primarily over the phone and email.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meet Client's and Alta's sales and customer service objectives and goals using appropriate selling tools, specifically consultative selling techniques.
- Create and maintain customer account files and profiles.
- Maintain up-to-date competitive and market information applicable to type of account.
- Prepare periodic Client and customer correspondence.
- Prepare recap of monthly sales results and successes
- Contribute to and prepare monthly reports to show that Client and company goals are being met and exceeded.
- Provide customer service including ad claims, damages, order entry, order tracking, sales materials (P.O.S., Deal Sheets, Surveys, Samples, and Planograms), deductions and credit problems.
- Follow up on prospective customer sales leads, based on information from client.
- Inform and preparer of customers of new product launches, product changes, and new distribution of existing products, price increases, discontinues items, recalls, etc.
- Create and manage account plans, strategic plans, promotional plans and trade spend.
- Complete product line reviews to insure the customer's sales are growing and aligned with Nielsen market information when available.
- Confers with department heads to discuss possible new accounts and to outline new policies or sales promotion campaigns.
- Directs research activities concerned with gathering information or with compilation of statistics pertinent to planning and execution of advertising sales promotion campaigns.
- Directs preparation of special promotional features.
- Monitors and analyzes sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness and return on investment of promotion campaign.
- Discusses product features, benefits, and salability with customers to increase sales and promote product. Create an up-sale on product offering where appropriate.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales presentations for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Analyzes sales statistics to assist customers in promoting client products.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates, and develops sales campaigns to accommodate goals of company.
- Reviews orders for ideas to expand services available to present customers.
- Directs product rationalization and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line, i.e. category management.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume and potential sales against goals.
- Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position.
Although this position will not have responsibility for direct reports, the position requires active leadership in the way of supporting strategic initiatives as well as active personal development and application of the Six Sigma methodologies.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Displays a high level of confidence, enthusiasm and a positive attitude with the desire to succeed and exceed customer expectations. Has a passion to serve others.
- Demonstrated sales, negotiation, and client retention skills a must. Proven ability to give presentation in front of customers and clients.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to establish rapport, builds relationships and loyalty with external and internal customers and coworkers, and remains tactful when communicating negative information.
- Demonstrate an ability to display patience, empathy, and strong listening skills while ensuring customer needs are fulfilled in a timely and satisfactory fashion.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain composure while diffusing and professionally negotiating a high-tension situation on a routine basis. Strong retention skills with the ability to follow a process flow and/or script as needed.
- Highly self motivated with the ability to prioritize complex, diversified responsibilities, multi task effectively and execute tasks with minimum supervision. Strong organization and time management skills. Ability to remain focused and productive with tasks that may be repetitive. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid analytical, logical decision making and troubleshooting skills with the ability to problem solve in a timely and effective manner. Exercises good judgment. Takes ownership of issues or questions and will escalate problems to the appropriate person and follow up accordingly to the customer. Knows when to involve supervisors.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality by handling sensitive and private client and customer information in accordance to Alta Resources and Client's policies and regulatory requirements.
- Embraces change and is flexible to the needs of the business and team.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and key metrics, work independently, as a team player, and drive results in a fast paced, team based environment. Must be willing to assist teammates and build strong relationships to achieve company and department goals.
- Ability to accept and apply coaching and feedback from leadership.
- Proven track record of reliability and a strong work ethic is a must.
- Travel as required. In order to meet the travel requirements, must have a personal credit card and an available credit limit for expenses which are reimbursed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of stable sales or relevant work experience is required. Membership call center, member retention or training experience is a plus. Industry experience or any other service related industry.
- Polished, professional demeanor, tone, and etiquette is required.
TECHNOLOGY SKILL BASE
This position requires a working knowledge of computer technology that includes, but is not limited to: Experience working on a PC, Intermediate to Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Suite, primarily in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required. SalesForce or other related CRM experience is a plus. Must be able to effectively and efficiently utilize multiple Internet search windows. Keying data entry efficiently and accurately with proficiency in typing/keyboard is required. Individuals must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications as introduced by the Client and Alta Resources.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for up to eight hours, and stand. Manual dexterity which allows the individual to use hands to type on a keyboard, use a mouse and write are required, as is the ability to talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment for which this position functions contains scents and fragrances related to product samples that are necessary to have on site in order to complete the essential job functions of this position or others positions within the same area. Due to the nature of this work individuals are required to be on-sight during hours designated by the Client, however, the occasion will arise when the employee must be off-site due to business functions.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Ft. Myers, FL, 12600 Gateway Blvd, Fort Myers, Florida, United States of America