2150 -TRC - IRA HUD - Laundry Aide
Function: To provide assistance in completing laundry and miscellaneous household tasks as specified.
1. Wash bedding, towels, and washcloths in the washing machine. Once washed, dries loads of laundry in the dryer and folds each item when done. Sorts and puts all laundry away in appropriate locations. Wears gloves when doing laundry tasks.
2. Wash/dry residents’ personal clothing. Sorts and puts personal clothing away in individuals’ rooms.
3. Notifies Manager if there are any concerns with the condition of the washing machine or dryer.
4. Maintains the linen closet by placing bedding and towels in the labeled locations as well as refolding and stacking items in an organized manner.
5. Rinses dishes after meals and puts in the dishwasher. Once the dishwasher is loaded, runs the dishwasher. Puts away clean dishes/utensils as needed or assigned.
6. Wipes down kitchen counters, appliances, dining room table and chairs after dinner.
7. Wipes down wheelchairs when not in use, as needed or assigned.
Requirements of Job:
Ability to follow multi-step instructions, communicate well with others and work independently within the home. Have a general understanding of the needs of the persons with developmental disabilities residing in the home. Physical condition must be commensurate with the demands of the job. Candidates must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
High School Diploma/GED preferred. Successful criminal background check is necessary.
- Job Family TRC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 91 Harris Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA