Every day we work to connect the brands and customers we serve with those who love pets.
Integrity | Accountability | Collaboration | Passionate | Results-Oriented | Safety
Are you passionate about pets? Want to help create a world where every pet is happy, healthy, and safe? Would you like to work for a company that cares about its employees?
We’re looking for a Cashier to join our team!
The Cashier … responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
In this exciting role, you will:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and product at the registers.
- Accurately process all forms of payment: cash, credit, check, gift cards, promotional pieces, coupons, Top Dog Rewards.
- Accurately record transactions for offline sales.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Offer to carryout product for customers with heavy or bulky purchased items
- Ensure accuracy of inventory by recording used product or damaged product using our inventory management procedures.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked.
- Stock sales floor, price merchandise, and promptly put away backstock.
- Dust and clean assigned areas.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list; other duties may be required. These duties and responsibilities are subject to change at any time.
- Do you have the following qualifications?
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
Your education & experience should be similar to:
- 6-months work experience/ volunteer work/ or school activity
- 3-months cash handling experience required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The required physical abilities to perform this job:
Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting at least 50 lbs, and perform all functions as set forth above
Able to work with live animals of all varieties.
Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
Regular random drug testing is a part of employment. Marijuana is included in all testing.
Employees are our greatest assets. That’s why we offer benefits like medical, dental and vision plans, paid time off, 401(k) plans and discounts on pet products.
At Animal Supply Company, we provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Animal Supply Company hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. Animal Supply Company participates in E-Verify.
committed retailers to bring pets the very best.
Together, we help pets live happier, healthier lives.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Anchorage, 901 E Dimond Blvd,, Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America