Aquatic Center Weekend Supervisor
The Aquatic Center's purpose is to provide high quality boating and safety programs through education, recreation and competition; and to bring regional and national recognition to Associated Students Inc., and Sacramento State, increasing the value of the students degree.
The Sacramento State Aquatic Center is a proud program of Associated Students, Inc. The Aquatic Center is a National Boating Instruction Safety Center located on beautiful Lake Natoma. The Aquatic Center offers a variety of classes, camps, facility reservations, team building, youth groups and equipment rentals. We are open to the general public.
The Aquatic Center offers the following activities: Sailing, Windsurfing, Standup Paddling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outrigger Canoeing, Rowing, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, and Jet Skiing.
SUMMARY: The Weekend supervisor is responsible for the weekend management of customer service staff of the Aquatic Center. Primary areas of responsibility are proficiency in Recreation program software, customer service, program scheduling and staffing, supervision of customer service employees, and managing weekend facility bookings. Schedule will be 4-10’s Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work under the direct supervisor of the Operations Manager and Water Front Supervisor as the supervisor of the Aquatic Center weekend employees.
- Manage all front office operations which include customer service, equipment checkout, and class registration. Manage facility rental bookings. Oversee weekend leisure classes. Help continuously evaluate and make recommendations regarding operating practices and procedures, workflow, equipment and supply utilization in order to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Ensure proper staffing levels for weekend scheduled programs.
- Accurately and efficiently perform data entry in Recreational Software program. Provide software support, training and troubleshooting to other staff as needed. This requires intermediate to advanced proficiency in Recreational Software. Update shared documents with customer/participant information as needed.
- Insure, enforce and help maintain Aquatic Center safety guideline and Aquatic Center polices to all Aquatic Center staff members. Provide support to all other Aquatic Center program areas.
- Provide support for a variety of special events (i.e. rowing regattas). This requires availability for overtime. Help with staffing and volunteers.
- Report weekend situations and issues in writing, to the Associate Director, Operations Manager and Water Front Supervisor and using documenting system.
- Assist operations manager in maintaining, updating and managing security on access to the facility; access for membership of customers to the locker rooms and weight room. This requires proficiency in door security software system.
- Must work weekends and have ability for a flexible schedule on weekdays.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills on the water and on land.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to safety a must.
- High integrity and work ethic
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, typewriters, copiers, calculators and facsimile machines
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Two years of administrative/office experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of PC windows-based personal computers - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- C.P.R., First Aid, Lifeguard Training or Equivalent Red Cross Water Safety Class, California Boating Safety Certificate (must have required certifications within three months of hire)
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Aquatic/boating knowledge and ability to drive a boat and perform rescues
- Experience in Recreational Software Program
All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
“you’ll enjoy the experience” #LakeLife
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Sports and Recreation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Hiring Rate $16.50
- Job Start Date Saturday, May 1, 2021
- 1901 Hazel Ave, Gold River, CA 95670, USA