Student Engagement and Outreach Marketing Coordinator
SEO’s purpose is to provide holistic student-centered programs and services that
enhance student life and create lasting memories through community engagement,
connection building, and creative exploration.
SUMMARY: The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of communication, marketing, outreach and graphic design efforts for ASI, including social media, print and digital design. Under the supervision of the Associate Director, the Marketing Coordinator will create, develop, maintain and enforce a cohesive One ASI brand identity across ASI programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the Associate Director, strategize and implement organizational branding, marketing and social media campaigns to promote ASI events, services and other information.Work with the ASI A-Team to develop these campaigns. Evaluate the effectiveness of initiatives
- Directly supervise the ASI marketing and outreach student staff, inclusive of recruitment, selection, training, and supervision, consisting of part-time student employees who specialize in graphic design, photography, and social media.
- Enhance and maintain the existing digital marketing, which includes a website, social networking sites, email newsletters, and LCD screens.
- Work to communicate the organization’s image, services, and programs attractively and effectively.
- Develop and oversee photography and videography production.
- Ensure all areas of main ASI website, as well as SEO, content is current, visually engaging and informative. Monitor social media outlets to ensure appropriate and professional content geared towards students.
- Support the ASI Student Government in navigating their strategic priorities by working with the student marketingand outreach committee to survey the student body on important issues.
- Assist in development and implementation of an annual campus marketing and outreach plan, identifying goals and measuring success through yearly assessments.
- Collaborate closely with the Associate Director to track budget expenditures, manage and evaluate the annual marketing and Outreach budget. This includes assisting in the preparation of future budgets, monitoring and evaluating the current budget, meeting established deadlines and maximizing the budget for overall effectiveness.
- Manage time and attendance of direct reports, inclusive of bi-weekly payroll procedures, time sheet correction, time sheet approvals, and time sheet submission.
- Serve as an active member of the department, attend meetings, and contribute to the departmental goals and objectives.
- Represent ASI in campus committees and meetings regarding communication and marketing.
- Provide temporary coverage in the absence of Student Services Coordinator.
- Safely perform job duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail is a must
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and students
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Demonstrates understanding and application of marketing principals
- Leading Others: Manages effective teams and work groups effectively. Builds and maintains relationships
- Creativity/Innovative; encourages new ideas and innovations in marketing
- Self-Motivated: demonstrates initiative
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or related field
- 1-2 years of experience in public relations, marketing, communications, student services
- Strong project management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple complex and detail-oriented projects at once
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of design software—Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point on both a PC and Mac platform
- Website management experience
- Previous leadership experience—to include experience training and supervising
- Experience working in student services and/or educational/non-profit organization
- Previous experience working with large scale printers and print vendors
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Depending on the position for which you apply for, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after you are offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age,
protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Sales and Marketing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full-Time
- Hiring Rate $19.35
- Job Start Date Monday, July 26, 2021
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA