ASI Graphic Designer
SEO’s purpose is to provide holistic student-centered programs and services that
enhance student life and create lasting memories through community engagement,
connection building, and creative exploration.
Please ensure to upload a resume when applying.
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Student Engagement and Outreach (SEO), the Graphic Designer shall assist the A Team in promoting Associated Students, Inc. programs by creating flyers, posters, postcards, digital displays, and other public relations and marketing materials. The graphic designer will also perform a number of general department-wide marketing and office administrative activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and produces marketing materials following the department style guide
- Plans and implements print layouts for multi-page publications, integrated marketing campaigns, and individual collateral pieces
- Communicates with clients via Basecamp software to understand vision
- Ensures deadlines are met and all projects are seen through to completion and printing
- Assists in the implementation of designs for online distribution
- Assists in overall outreach efforts for ASI including creative input, dissemination of promotional materials, and providing support to all areas of ASI
- Maintains archives of individual projects, drafts and final proofs
- Performs various administrative functions including answering phone calls, checking emails, copying, faxing, printing, etc.
- Establishes and maintain excellent working relationships with professional career staff and meet deadlines for all projects
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to think creatively
- Attention to detail
- Ability to understand and analyze marketing and design concepts
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to organize work effectively in order to achieve timely progress on multiple tasks, meet deadlines, maintain a high level of productivity, and complete projects
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Competent in expressing ideas and concepts through verbal, written, and visual modes of communication
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to be creative with designs within the limits of a department style guide
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficient writing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse student population, ASI programs and on-campus departments
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant incumbents)
- Knowledge of major Adobe design software.
- Advanced proficiency in Macintosh (OSX) computers
- Portfolio of previous work experience required
- Open to all majors; however graphic design strongly preferred
Depending on the position for which you apply for, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after you are offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age,
protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Student Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.50
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA