Children's Center Classroom Student Supervisor
The Children Center’s purpose is to create a community that supports
Sacramento State Students to build brighter futures by providing high
quality childcare, employment, and leadership opportunities in a wholesome learning environment.
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the program Directors and Head/Mentor/Fellowship Teachers. Has the authority to supervise and direct Student Assistants II and III, fieldwork students, and volunteers. Works independently from classroom Teacher daily running a classroom of children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely perform job duties
- All responsibilities listed for Classroom Assistant II and III.
- Maintains regular attendance to ensure classroom meet the staffing ratio per CA state regulations
- Oversee the operation of the classroom during teacher’s absence.
- Work collaboratively with classroom staff to ensure constant supervision and implementation of all guidelines needed to maintain children’s health and safety.
- Supervise student assistants, fieldwork students, and volunteers.
- Supervise in other classrooms as needed.
- Assist with planning the curriculum and environment arrangement.
- Keeps staff and supervisors informed of classroom needs.
- Assist teacher with training meetings.
- Assist teacher with student evaluations, newsletters, completing DRDPs, completing environmental rating scales,
- Conducting parent conferences and individual meetings with students, fieldwork students, and volunteers.
- Continue professional growth, attendance of leadership meetings, and outside trainings.
- Maintain compliance with Licensing, Title 5 and NAEYC regulations.
- Assist with routine classroom/center maintenance as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must enjoy interacting with children and be a mentor and role model for college students.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant incumbents) or be a recently graduated (previous semester)
- Per law must be at least 18 years of age
- Cleared Criminal Background
- Current Health Screening
- Must be able to provide proof of immunizations (Measles and Pertussis-whooping cough)
- Able to provide proof of TB Clearance
- Current Infant/Child/Adult CPR and First Aid Certification
- Hold a valid Child Development Associate Teacher Permit
- Able to attend mandatory Monday night training meetings
- Attendance of mandatory leadership trainings/meetings
- Completed 3 Infant Toddler units required when working with children under 3 year of age.
- Availability to work 5 days a week, opening/closing shifts and all day Fridays to supervise the classroom for teacher meetings
- Experience working with children
- Three semesters of previous early childhood experience (one worked at the ASI Children’s Center)
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Basic Pest Management in a School & Child Care Setting Training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, reach overhead
- Sit on floor 1-2 hours daily
- Combination of indoors and outdoors with varied surfaces some uneven
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Child Development
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $16.00
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA