Children's Center Kitchen Student Assistant
The Children Center’s purpose is to create a community that supports
Sacramento State Students to build brighter futures by providing high
quality childcare, employment, and leadership opportunities in a wholesome learning environment.
The Kitchen Student Assistant I works under the direct supervision of the Cook, Assistant Cook or Kitchen Assistant III
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely perform job duties
- Dish washing and cleaning/sanitizing of kitchen.
- Set-up and service of all meals.
- Preparation of meals.
- Receiving, rotation, and stocking ordered supplies.
- Independently able to follow kitchen procedures and daily routines.
- Read, understand, and implement the philosophy and information contained in the ASI Children’s Center Student Handbook and ASI Policy Manual.
- Attendance of scheduled trainings.
- Assist with routine classroom/center maintenance as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to learn kitchen skills from the Cook
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant incumbents)
- Per law must be at least 18 years of age
- Cleared Criminal Background
- Current Health Screening (lifting up to 50 lbs., ability to stand 4 to 6 hrs., bend and squat)
- Per law must be able to provide proof of immunizations (Measles and Pertussis-whooping cough)
- Able to provide proof of TB Clearance
- Safe Serve Certification
- Basic Pest Management in School and Child Care Settings
- Previous experience cooking or working in food service
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, reach overhead
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Dietary
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.00
- Job Start Date Tuesday, July 6, 2021
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA