Peak Adventures Ropes Course Apprentice
Peak Adventures’ purpose is to kindle personal growth, leadership, and connections through experiences in the outdoors.
ASI’s Peak Adventures is an outdoor adventure program dedicated to getting Sac State Students outside. Peak Adventures provides guided outdoor trips, low cost gear rentals, full service bike repair at The Bike Shop, summer youth camps and team building at The Challenge Center.
SUMMARY: Challenge Center Apprentices are responsible for facilitating basic team games and belaying participants on climbing tower.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set –up/take down, lead, facilitate, and debrief basic games and team challenges.
- Set-up/take down and belay participants on climbing elements at the Peak Adventures Challenge Center.
- Safely perform job duties and follow risk management procedures.
- Oversee group dynamics of the participants and managing group cohesion.
- With the assistance of Team Leads and Facilitators, encourage positive participant behavior, address negative behavior, and enforce consequences.
- Attend mandatory trainings that include duties related to the position.
- Communicate with chaperones regarding participant information.
- Clean-up and maintain Challenge Center equipment and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively communicate with youth, adults, co-workers, and supervisors
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to speak publicly in front of groups and provide directions
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive
- Ability to lead with enthusiasm
- Ability to work well with other staff and campus/community partners
- Ability to arrive to work on-time
- Actively work towards completing task lists and work towards becoming a Challenge Center Facilitator
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant incumbents)
- Complete Peak Adventure New Hire Orientation
- Ability to work shifts outside of a normal work week, including evenings and weekends.
- Able to maintain high positive energy, create a safe learning environment, and communicate professionally with participants and other staff; willing to work with people of diverse backgrounds and ages
- Basic CPR and First Aid
- Experience working with a diverse demographic of youth and adults
- Experience in belaying
- Experience rock climbing
- Experience leading games & facilitating activities
- Leadership experience
- ACCT Facilitator Level I or similar certifications
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must:
- Occasionally, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, reach overhead
- Stand for up to 8 hours.
- Wear a harness for extended period of time.
- Belay participants (with assistance when necessary) up to 300 lbs.
- Outdoors exposed to rain, heat and cold temperature for 8 hours a day
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Sports and Recreation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.00
- Job Start Date Monday, August 16, 2021
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA