We believe in the mission of our work. We believe that together, we are able to accomplish something life-changing, both for ourselves and for those around us. The Associated strives to find the most talented and dedicated individuals. We are committed to helping our professionals reach their highest potential. Ready for a change? Discover where vision, creativity, and talent come together.
The Maryland/Israel Development Center (MIDC) is seeking an Executive Director to deploy their passion and strategic mindset to drive the future success of the organization. The Executive Director will plan and execute all areas of the organization including business and program development, community and board relations, and operational and fiscal matters.
The Maryland/Israel Development Center (MIDC) is a non-profit organization that promotes bilateral trade and economic development between Maryland and Israel. It was established in 1992 after the Maryland Governor and Israeli Ambassador signed the Maryland/Israel Declaration of Cooperation.
A constituent agency of The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore, the MIDC operates as a “public-private partnership” among The Associated, the Maryland Department of Commerce and the Israeli Ministry of Economy and Trade. The Declaration of Cooperation states that the goal of the organization is “to stimulate the growth of employment opportunities in Maryland and Israel by promoting contacts and exchanges among the business, scientific, academic and community leaders of both places.”
To learn more about MIDC, visit https://marylandisrael.org/
- Identifying and pursuing business development and collaboration opportunities between Maryland and Israeli companies, universities, research institutions, government agencies and others that will benefit the economic development of Maryland and Israel and promote job creation and other economic opportunities in both communities.
- Facilitating contacts and exchanges between Maryland and Israeli business executives, entrepreneurs, investors, scientists, government officials and others to bring to fruition beneficial economic activity between Maryland and Israel.
- Representing and marketing Maryland and the MIDC in Israel and throughout Maryland. Build relationships and networks among important stakeholders such as Israeli and Maryland businesses and business associations, the Israel Embassy in Washington D.C., investors, universities and relevant Israeli and state, local and federal government entities.
- Organizing Maryland trade missions to Israel, Israeli delegation visits to Maryland, and meetings, seminars and conferences between Maryland and Israel, both in-person and virtual.
- Overseeing marketing, communication and outreach activities including social media, newsletters, and publications.
- Being a spokesperson for the MIDC and position the organization as an authority on Israel/Maryland/U.S. business and trade.
- Developing and maintaining a proactive and productive relationship with The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore
- Creating, organizing and executing major events such as the Showcase of Maryland/Israel Business and MIDC Day at the Israeli Embassy as premier flagship events that create high value for participants, members and sponsors.
- Conducting the membership and sponsorship campaigns and continue to develop increased membership value for different categories of members, to recruit and nurture corporate members.
- Cultivating and maintaining expertise on Israeli, Maryland and U.S. business, economic, cultural, and political trends, activities and contacts to develop new business opportunities, match businesses, and create and propose effective services and programs such as trade missions and Market Reach America, the MIDC’s binational accelerator.
- Coordinating the activities of the volunteer Board of Directors.
- Recruiting, coaching and motivating staff.
- Developing, planning, and running the daily operations and administration of the organization based on the goals and objectives set by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and personal integrity
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Successful business development experience
- Proven leadership skills with a drive for success, resilience, and adaptability.
- Experience with a volunteer/non-profit organization is a plus
- A deep understanding of American and Israeli society, as well as knowledge about American Jewish Community
- Expertise in communication strategy development and executive, including leading complex conversations in a way this approachable and understandable
- The ability to empower others and foster collaboration
- Tech savvy and highly skilled in Microsoft 365 applications; familiarity with Salesforce.com is helpful
Why You’ll Love Working Here
MIDC offers a competitive package, including health insurance, 401k, employer-paid life insurance and long-term disability, flexible spending plan, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore. We make work/life balance a priority offering generous paid holidays, vacation/sick time and parental leave. Salary range is approximately $100,000 - $120,000. Salary will be based on qualifications, skills, and experience.
This job ad is not intended to be all-inclusive, but to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family AJC
- Pay Type Salary
- Baltimore, MD, USA