Recovery Support Navigator - SOR - Treatment Center
Boston, MA, USA Req #528
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Supervised by the Bay Cove Treatment Center Project Manager, the Recovery Support Navigator (RSN) works as an integral member of the Treatment Center’s clinical team. The RSN partners with a broad-base of clients of the Treatment Center with a specific focus on incarcerated clients and clients involved with the justice system.
The RSN collaborates with clinicians, medical staff and service organizations to provide outreach, case management, and supports to navigate various systems of care. The RSN assists clients to access treatment for mental health and substance use disorders and related community resources, including housing, primary care and employment. The RSN possesses thorough understanding of community culture to address the barriers to successful recovery, use human experience language and provide links to community resources and treatment options. This is a non-exempt position.
We are looking for someone who strives to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Maintain a caseload of clients for outreach, case management and supports
- Complete comprehensive assessment of clients’ needs, assets, and contribute to the clinical team’s development of treatment planning
- Maintain up to date case documentation in the program’s electronic health records (EHR) systems
- Liaise between the recovery community, addiction and mental health treatment system, medical providers, and community resource systems to help clients to navigate systems of healthcare, and social services
- Negotiate and create opportunities for access to treatment with client’s participation; advocate on behalf of clients to help decrease barriers to care
- Promote client engagement through ongoing outreach, advocacy, and support
- Participate in treatment team meetings and required training as scheduled
- BA/BS degree in a behavioral science (social work, psychology, human services etc.) required
- Certification in substance use disorder treatment (LADC, CADC) and related certifications preferred
- Experience working with incarcerated clients preferred.
- Familiarity with the Department of Corrections and other justice systems preferred.
- Familiarity with addiction and mental treatment systems preferred
- Familiar with the principals involved in crisis intervention
- Strong advocacy skills along with knowledge of community-based services, resources, and local recovery community
- Effective use of the Internet and Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel
- Valid MA driver’s license in good standing
- Bi/multilingual abilities preferred
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA