Residential Counselor l - Parkside ABI Residential
Bay Cove Human Services, Inc. a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks a Residential Counselor who will provide direct care services to adults living in a Residential Program. Bay Cove’s Long Term Support Services provides housing support for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities. As an integral member of the team, the Residential Counselor will provide ADL (Activities of Daily Living), case management, medication administration, symptom management, behavior planning and social/recreational skill building support for our clients.
We are looking for someone who strive to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- Ensure the individuals stability, safety, health promotion and maintenance, as well as acquisition of community living skills.
- Accompany residents on appointments and community outings. Implement behavioral and psychiatric rehabilitation treatment plans.
- Work collaboratively with other treatment providers, family, and guardians to ascertain that the needs of the clients are attended to in a manner that maximizes each person’s dignity and quality of life.
- Provide crisis intervention and routine medication administration.
- Maintain cleanliness of home, providing assistance with cleaning rooms and common areas and fully cleaning areas that residents do not have the skills to complete.
- Assist in all aspects of home life such as meal planning and preparation, budgeting and leisure time.
- Experience – Previous and demonstrated skills working effectively with adults in a residential or inpatient setting.
- Skills – Proficient in written communication.
- Ability to work as part of a team and have the compassion and patience needed with service adults with severe disabilities.
- License/Certification – Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass MAP certification within 90 days of hire.
- Keywords: Developmental Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, Care Worker, Caregiver, Residential Counselor, Direct Care, DSP, CNA, HHA, Advocacy, Support, Human Services, Nonprofit
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA