Lead Strategy & Corporate Development Consultant
Responsible for leading the day-to-day management of multiple internal strategy consulting engagements simultaneously. Focuses on high-complexity, high-impact strategic and operational business priorities of our executive team, including enterprise strategy and projects for senior divisional stakeholders. Implement the evaluation and planning of strategic initiatives and capital investments, including corporate development activities. Oversee aspects of strategy implementation, including resource and funding requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead strategic consulting activities for senior audiences in the company related to complex, transformational, growth and expense reduction projects; prepare and deliver recommendations to senior executives.
- Manage the development and implementation of the company’s long-term strategy.
- Manage corporate development activities; coordinate due diligence, deliver robust financial analysis/modeling, manage negotiation/deal structuring efforts, and support subsequent business integration.
- Report on strategic plan progress to both internal senior leaders and the Board of Directors.
- Work cross-functionally with other associates, gathering data and input to help build consensus with key stakeholders.
- Serve as a mentor and engagement manager to consultants and senior consultants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven to ten years of experience in a strategy, corporate development, or strategic finance role
- Prior experience in healthcare or insurance strongly preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- Superior analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, research capabilities, and attention to detail
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret financial and management data
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, establish work flows and meet necessary deadlines
- Ability to collaborate while dealing with complex situations
- Ability to influence up and across the organization
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender identity or expression. Please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
- Pay Type Salary
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, 500 Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America