Prep Cook - Soba
Soba focuses on cuisines from China, Japan, South Korea and Thailand, and incorporates elements from other Asian cultures. Soba draws guests into a unique dining experience with its cascading water wall, hand-painted murals, and its spacious lounge and dining nooks.
Prep Cooks understand and comply with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures. They portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications as well as maintain proper cooling charts and labeling of prepped foods.
Working in our award-winning restaurants offers you a great job and competitive earnings, plus the following benefits:
- 25% Employee Discount: 25% off the entire check for you and a guest at ANY big Burrito Restaurant Group location; 50% days offered at every location on varying days.
- Paid Vacation: Full-time employees accrue 10 days per year.
- Health Insurance: Medical and dental benefits are available to full-time employees as well as the option to enroll in Aflac insurance.
- Holiday Closures: All restaurants are closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day (with possible additional holiday closures).
- Shift Meals: FOH employees purchase menu items at 50% at the start or end of your shift; BOH staff receives a free meal during their shift ($ value may be limited). Some locations offer a family style staff meal.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Once eligibility requirements are met, employees are able to enroll in the program through Fidelity.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 6 months experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with others.
- Can reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Can work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Pay Type Hourly
- 5847 Ellsworth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA