Line Cook - Mad Mex Robinson
At Mad Mex, year after year we win awards for our food, beverages and atmosphere. Mad Mex is more than burritos and guacamole (although we love both!). It’s a fun, casual place with legendary customer service and our take on what we call “funky fresh Cal-Mex” – which means serving the freshest food with the biggest flavors.
Line Cooks prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, grills, fryers, steamers, and other kitchen equipment. They follow recipe specifications to cook or otherwise prepare all food items needed for service, and portion food products according to standard portion sizes and plating guidelines. Most importantly, the line cook assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
Working in our award-winning restaurants offers you a great job and competitive earnings, plus the following benefits:
- 25% Employee Discount: 25% off the entire check for you and a guest at ANY big Burrito Restaurant Group location; 50% days offered at every location on varying days.
- Paid Vacation: Full-time employees accrue 10 days per year.
- Health Insurance: Medical and dental benefits are available to full-time employees as well as the option to enroll in Aflac insurance.
- Holiday Closures: All restaurants are closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day (with possible additional holiday closures).
- Shift Meals: FOH employees purchase menu items at 50% at the start or end of your shift; BOH staff receives a free meal during their shift ($ value may be limited). Some locations offer a family style staff meal.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Once eligibility requirements are met, employees are able to enroll in the program through Fidelity.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Has weekend availability.
- Can follow written recipes and supervisor instructions.
- Has basic knife skills for chopping, slicing, dicing, etc.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with others.
- Is able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Is able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
We have been part of the Pittsburgh community for over 25 years! Check out this video, and listen to why Chef and bbRG President, Bill Fuller, thinks you should join our big Family:
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2 Robinson Plaza, Pittsburgh, PA 15205, USA