Customer Service Representative - Full-Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Location: Eastside Health Center Dental
This position serves as the first contact at each Borrego Health dental site for patients seeking dental services, schedules appointments, confirms insurance coverage, receives payment, responds to non-clinical inquiries, reviews super bills for completeness daily prior to submission to billing and handles reporting and clerical work related to office management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Acknowledge and assist patients who come to the office; maintain eye contact, and provide a professional greeting.
2. Communicate with patients to resolve problems and concerns in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
3. Communicate proactively with patients regarding in-office delays
4. Inform Dental Manager of office equipment upkeep/maintenance needs.
5. Confirm accuracy of demographic and guarantor information at each visits and update, as needed, in EHS system.
6. Confirm insurance coverage for services scheduled
7. Identify and refer patients who require program assistance to Care Coordinator Specialist (CCS).
8. Explain insurance benefits, copayments, coinsurance and deductibles (as applicable) to patients
9. Collect payment due on patient accounts (co-pays, sliding fee deposits, cash payments and outstanding balances).
10. Answer incoming calls within 3 rings and handle patient calls in a courteous and professional manner. Refer to the Borrego Health telephone scripts in the CSR Resource Guide.
11. Check patients in for appointments.
12. Schedule appointments according to dental needs; update, as needed, and report same- day schedule changes to the dentist and auxiliary staff immediately.
13. Perform general clerical work including pulling, filing and maintenance of patient charts
14. Conduct follow up calls for children on school district screening lists for each school district
15. Register new patients according to established procedures (Refer to CSR Resource Guide.)
16. Reconcile treatment notes, super bills, and scheduled treatments daily before close of business
17. Check patient history to avoid creating duplicate chart.
18. Check super bills for completeness and submit to billing daily at close of business.
19. Call “no shows” immediately and attempt to reschedule the same day
20. Report daily, at close of business, to the designated dental services employee, a report of calls to schedule appointments.
21. Other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate of high school or have a GED certificate
2. At least one year of front office dental experience, strongly preferred
3. Bilingual in Spanish/English, and other language strongly preferred
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Thursday, October 15, 2020
- Riverside, CA, USA