Medical Provider - Psychiatrist - Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Diagnoses and treats patients with mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders: Organizes data concerning patient's family, medical history, and onset of symptoms obtained from patient, relatives, and other sources. Examines patient to determine general physical condition, following standard medical procedures. Orders laboratory and other special diagnostic tests and evaluates data obtained. Determines nature and extent of mental disorder, and formulates treatment program. Treats or directs treatment of patient, utilizing variety of psychotherapeutic methods and medications. Provides professional consultation to primary care provider on medication management; advises on adjustment or change of medication when adverse reactions present.
Provides professional consultation to psychologists and other therapists involved in patient’s care. Interviews patients upon referral thru Telemedicine and recommends treatment modalities. Works as part of a multidisciplinary team along side primary care providers, psychologist, social workers, education professionals, school health nurses, and occupational therapist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicates effectively with patients, healthcare professionals, physicians and service agencies
2. Possesses comprehensive behavioral health consultation skills to include, but not be limited to: direct consultation with primary care providers
3. Possesses comprehensive behavioral skills to include, but not limited to: mental health assessments, screening and referrals; direct individual therapy/crisis intervention; organization and facilitation of psycho educational and support groups; short term case management, pharmacological management; documentation of progress notes
4. Performs appropriate diagnostic and clinical assessments in evaluating patient behavioral health care concerns
5. Identifies, prioritizes, and manages complex behavioral health problems
6. Maintains California state licensure requirements regarding continuing education.
7. Presents him/her in a professional manner
8. Maintains behavioral health consultation and clinical skills that meet the needs or Borrego Health
9. Obtains the knowledge and technical skills to serve special needs populations (i.e. AIDS patients, Alzheimer’s etc)
10. Is a resource as well as utilize community resources to give patients social, economic, and medical access to specialized resources
11. Other duties as assigned
Special Conditions for Employment:
1. Current State of California M.D. License.
2. Board Certified in Psychiatry.
3. Current valid Federal Controlled Substance registration Certificate.
4. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained though the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
- Pay Type Salary
- El Cajon, CA, USA