Chiropractic Coordinator - Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Location: Centro Medico Escondido
The role of the Chiropractic Assistant (CA) is to support the Chiropractic Program with appointment management, patient flow, record keeping, patient education and miscellaneous duties. This position is an integral part of the Chiropractic Program services. The CA duties supports and helps to develop the professional relationship between the Chiropractor, other providers and staff in the clinic that directly affects the patient satisfaction and long term clinical outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Welcomes and greets patients as they arrive to the clinic or by telephone, and explains the Chiropractic services available, payment categories, and billing procedures when appropriate.
2. Schedules all appointments including walk-in patients and emergencies as per established policies and procedures.
3. Assure that all services provided have been approved and checked out properly for each patient
4. Follow up on “no show” patients on a daily basis. Works closely with patients that do not keep their appointments and coordinate follow up.
5. Calls and reminds patient of his/her appointment.
6. Assist Chiropractor with daily work flow, electronic health records, patient education
7. Answer patient inquiries about chiropractic
8. Adheres to Referral Management Policy; for all routine referrals to be managed within policy outlined timeframe. To include pending submission, pending authorization, Pending appointment and pending reports
9. Trains and mentors new Chiropractic Assistants
10. Assist with Implementation of Chiropractic Services in other locations
11. Follows and complies with all steps outlined in the Consults/Referrals Workflow
12. Demonstrates proficient use of the following systems in order to adequately perform job functions:
13. EHS System (Practice Management and Electronic Health Record)
14. I2i Tracks (Referral Management System)
15. Right Fax Server
16. Health Plan Portals
17. Microsoft Outlook
18. Fonality Phone System (HUD)
19. Borrego University (Moodle)
20. Responsible for tracking visits approved, notifies provider when patient is coming up on last approved visit
21. Retrieval and processing of referrals in accordance with referral urgency.
22. Document all interventions regarding the referral in a non-billable encounter in EHS. Documentation must include date and time of the intervention.
23. Submits authorization request with necessary documentation to the appropriate health plan by fax, or online web portal.
24. Send patient correspondence in accordance with the Letters Decision Table
25. Urgent Referrals are processed and managed within Borrego Referral Management Policy Timeframe
26. Direct Referrals are to be scheduled on the day of service.
27. Consistently answers the incoming phone calls within 3 rings and follow Borrego Health phone scripts. Returns all calls in a timely manner.
28. Complies with Flag Utilization Policy, manages and ensures flags are addressed appropriately and in a timely manner.
29. Daily Review of Provider Organizer to ensure all Referrals are being processed accordingly. Flags are to be released when referral is documented in both the i2i tracks and EHR Non Billable Encounter. Clinics undergoing a Hybrid Process must also work with Providers; Clinical Support Staff; & Medical Records Dept. to ensure all Referrals are being forwarded to the Referrals Dept. for Processing.
30. Complies with fax server policy, ensures all incoming faxes are routed correctly, no pending faxes in RCC inbox to be checked or released.
31. Is an active participant in care team daily huddles. Preps provider schedules the day prior.
32. Scan/attach all documents in EHS accordance with EHR form inventory
33. Produces required reports.
34. Meets monthly goal for 10% or more monthly decrease completion rate for backlog referrals. (if applicable)
35. Meets Monthly goal for 80% or higher completion rate for YTD referrals.
36. Maintains a 90% or higher on monthly referral audit reports
37. Maintains a satisfactory evaluation of the quarterly workflow analysis.
38. Responsible for including clinicians & care team in the discussion when there is an anticipated delay beyond the original time frame.
39. Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum one year of medical field experience with understanding of insurance and medical terminology is required.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred.
- All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained though the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Escondido, CA, USA
- Oceanside, CA, USA
- Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, CA, USA
- Temecula, CA, USA
- Vista, CA, USA