Interpreter - Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Location: Centro Medico Escondido, Escondido, CA
Position requires excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, must be courteous and helpful. Responsible for listening to, understanding, and interpreting spoken statements from one language to another. Facilitate effective communication between two parties that do not speak a similar language.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist non-English speaking patients communicate with providers, nurses, technicians, and other clinic staff.
2. Communicate with patients in their language to solve problems and concerns in a courteous, professional and timely manner
3. Be proactive in communicating with patients in their language regarding problems or delays
4. Maintain confidentiality and ethical standards when interpreting for patients
5. Maintain accurate demographics and guarantor information at every patient visit
6. Performs registration duties when assigned (Please refer to the Registration Process)
7. Follow-up with patients, which may include making phone calls and documentation of such communication in the patient’s health record per protocol.
8. Provides all customers with consistent quality service in accordance with Borrego Health Core Values and Standards of Customer Service
9. Understands the organization’s commitment to provide high quality patient care. Promotes a Patient Centered Medical Home environment.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate or approved high school diploma or GED equivalent
2. Must be fluent in English and one other language (Spanish Required)
3. One year experience in healthcare setting using medical terminology and interpreting skills.
4. Completion of a formalized medical interpreter program and certification strongly preferred.
5. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained though the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Escondido, CA, USA
- Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, CA, USA
- Vista, CA, USA