Systems Engineer - Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
The Systems Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in- house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Tier 1: The Systems Engineer Tier 1 plans and builds an organization's systems infrastructure. Implements, modifies, and designs information systems. Performs end-user support, as necessary. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
Tier 2: The Systems Engineer Tier 2 designs, develops, supports, and maintains the organization's systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software. Makes updates to system related installation documentation. Performs end-user support, as necessary. The Systems Engineer is directed in many aspects of the work. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function.
Tier 3: The Systems Engineer Tier 3 designs, develops, supports, and maintains the organization's systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software. Analyzes, develops, modifies, tests, and maintains the system. Creates and updates system related installation documentation. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Staff Systems Engineer is a specialist on complex technical and business matters. Work is highly independent. May assume a team lead role for the work group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design, develop, deploy, scale Borrego Health’s IT Infrastructure in a flexible, redundant, performant and secure manner to meet all needs of the enterprise.
2. Understand application and system requirements and provide appropriate resources to servers for deployment.
3. Deploy and maintain Operation Systems including Windows, Oracle, and Linux.
4. Deploy and maintain VMware and other virtualization technologies computer instances.
5. Operate server operating system consoles to configure, monitor, tune and troubleshoot system resources
6. Design, optimize and support workflow systems with interdepartmental groups and equipment
7. Perform maintenance functions, as needed, for existing system platforms.
8. Monitor back end systems and mitigate issues.
9. Documentation of new and existing systems, network, and storage infrastructure and procedures
10. Leverage skills, knowledge and expertise to provide suggestions, recommendations and improvements to existing technical platform solutions; leverage a variety of technical platforms/tools to provide functional and workable solutions; determine specifications, propose solutions, recommend plans and physically develop solutions that leverage technologies.
11. Manage remote systems for administration and satellite use
12. Work closely with third party contractors to complete IT related projects
13. Develop training and informative documents regarding IT specific procedures
14. Manage the internal network through design, implementation, and maintenance
15. Develop, deploy, and maintain BCHF’s intranet
16. Manage web site and email accounts
17. Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
18. Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
19. Other related duties and tasks as assigned.
Tier 2 (includes):
1. Collaborate with other department directors, company executives and key stakeholders to coordinate and align objectives and ensure technology infrastructure meets the requirements of the organization; work across the organization to deploy solutions that address proposed and perceived business requirements.
2. Provide insightful and credible technology advice that balances the functionality, costs, and risks of the suggested technologies
Tier 3 (includes):
1. Design business continuity plan through cloud expansion and DR plan, meeting current business requirements.
2. Manage a mix of long-term projects, short term service requests, and daily emergencies, with a high degree of flexibility and effective delegation.
3. Collaborate with interdepartmental groups and IT Directors to develop and test (annually) a disaster recovery plan (back end systems focus)
1. Diploma from an approved High School or GED Equivalent
2. Bachelors in Science in Computer Science or IT related field preferred (Can be substituted by 3 years’ experience in a system engineer role with a combination of two or more active certifications. Microsoft, VMware, storage, or networking.)
3. Must have at least one or more active certifications: Microsoft or valid IT related certifications showing proclivity to IT systems, IT security, virtualization or/and networking
4. Tier 2/3 - Must have a combination of Microsoft or valid IT related certifications showing proclivity to IT systems, IT security, virtualization or/and networking
Special Conditions of Employment:
1. Driver’s License Class A
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Escondido, CA, USA
- San Diego, CA, USA