Systems Engineer - Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
The Systems Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in- house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning
1. Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
2. Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
Acquisition & Deployment
1. Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
2. Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
3. Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
4. Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
1. Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
2. Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
3. Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
4. Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
5. And maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
6. Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
7. Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
8. Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
1. College degree in computer science or software engineering.
2. Two years equivalent work experience
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Escondido, CA, USA
- San Diego, CA, USA