Billing Clerk - Temporary, Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Under the supervision of the Billing Manager/Revenue Cycle Director, the Billing Clerk primary responsibilities are to conduct pre-visit verifications for patient visit eligibility, patient demographics, and billing follow ups. Work with clinic management and Billing Administration for the completion of accurate encounter pre entry for timely submission of encounter data for claims processing. Schedule follow-up appointments, complete daily report requirements, assist patients, team members, clinical staff and other Borrego Health employees as needed as it pertains to the accurate management of claim data and the patient encounter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Must become proficient in the use of the Success EHS practice management software system, including learning and applying new functionality as needed.
2. Must development knowledge of payer billing requirements (Medi-Cal, Medicare, Patient Eligible Payment Programs, and Commercial Insurances) as it applies to the data collected on encounters.
3. Conduct pre verifications for eligibility of benefits for patients where insurance will be used by the patient as their form of payment.
4. Review billing encounter information for the correct application of insurance or eligible patient payment program.
5. Update patient addresses and insurance plan data when applicable.
6. Schedule follow-up appointments for patients as indicated by the Provider.
7. Manage daily reporting requirements (Batch Journal, CINCO, Deposits, and others as needed).
8. Coordinate with clinic management for the timely completion of encounter corrections.
9. Answer phone calls as available.
10. Monitor utilized equipment and computer connectivity and report issues to the Site Manager.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. CPC (Certified Professional Coder) certification or apprenticeship, preferred.
3. Maintain certifications and specialized knowledge base if required for assigned job responsibilities.
4. Valid Driver’s License.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Borrego Springs, CA 92004, USA