Maintenance Technician - Part Time
Pittsburgh, PA, USA Req #505
Friday, July 9, 2021
At Beacon, we strive to make a difference in our residents’ lives. We build outstanding communities that make enduring contributions to the vitality of our cities and towns. We create communities that serve a diverse cross section of our society. Our communities are healthy and vibrant. Why? Because they are planned with care, consideration, and compassion.
Are you handy? Are you looking for a career? We’re hiring a Part-Time Maintenance Technician for Lemington Senior Housing, our residential community in Pittsburgh, PA.
*$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
*$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Beacon Communities LLC is a mission-driven company that develops, owns, and manages affordable and mixed income housing. Our next Maintenance Technician will be a self-starter with a passion for providing exceptional maintenance and customer service. They will care for our residents, our buildings, and our properties, making a difference in the lives of our residents and our teams. This position is 30 hours per week and offers benefits.
• Completing work orders in a timely fashion for various maintenance tasks that don’t require a license including electrical, plumbing, appliances, flooring, carpentry, painting, and HVAC.
• Preparing vacant units to be move-in ready.
• Maintaining the physical condition and safety of the community through curb appeal and snow removal.
• Responding to emergencies at night and on weekends as part of a rotating on-call schedule.
• Assisting in maintaining a green community, minimizing energy and utilities.
What You Bring to the Team:
• Great customer service skills.
• A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• General property maintenance skills, including the safe use of hand and power tools.
• Experience with property snow removal.
• The ability to use computers, tablets, and web-based technology to manage work orders and workflow.
• The ability to lift up to 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, and to shovel snow.
• The ability to handle emergency and pressure sensitive situations.
• A minimum 2 years of experience in property/hotel maintenance preferred.
• Top Places to Work in MA, 3 years in a row.
• Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
• 401k with company matching, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance.
• Paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
• Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
**$500 payable with first paycheck
$500 payable after 90 days of employment
(New hires only)
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class. Beacon Communities -- EOE M/F/D/V.
Beacon Communities - 2018, 2019, 2020 Boston Globe's Top Places to Work!!
- Job Family Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA